• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wolf1

Youth Team
Hello, thought you may be interested in a Wolves point of view on Leon Clarke, after your helpful insights on Freddy Eastwood. Leon Clarke came through our academy system and played for us until January ( I think ) when he was sold to Sheffield Wednesday for £250k. Since then I believe he has been farmed out to Oldham. Whilst at Molineux, Clarke was sent out to Kidderminster and Plymouth ( and maybe QPR? ). The early signs from Leon were very promising – he was a regular scorer for our reserves, and seemed set to make the step up. Physically imposing, and hard to knock off the ball, Clarke also had a real eye for goal. Whilst some of his approach play was often a little clumsy, he could certainly finish. He does, however, have the 'disinterested' look if things aren't going his way. He is possibly a but cumbersome for the Championship, but if he can get a run of games – and get his head down whilst at Roots Hall you may have a good player on your hands.

There were doubts expressed about Leons 'inner circle' and perhaps this was one reason he was shipped off to Wednesday. Perhaps he just got stale. Whatever the reason, I wish you good luck with Clarke, and hopefully he can fire you into a bit of form.

I'm still slightly baffled that MK Dons have snapped up Jemal Johnson for virtually nothing. I would have thought a League One team would have taken a chance on him, perhaps he is too erratic?

Thanks for that.

I was surprised a team looking for a pacy forward didn't take a punt on Jemal Johnson too. That said he looked pants at RH last season.

I look forward to seeing him play hopefully he is the answer to our lack of goals up front in the league. Well he should get a run out against Daggers so I will get to see what he is like!

Thanks for the heads up. Freddy is a legend!! :D

The phrase "bad news" in connection with Leon Clarke keeps cropping up here in the West Midlands and I don't know much more than that.

- G

I have only heard bad things so far, but it sounds like he could be a good player if he got form and tried harder.

if he brings the bad news with him i'm sure Tilly and Brush will handle it. He's only on loan so can go back at anytime.

I personally hope he plays tomorrow gets 4 we win 5-1 and I get some points in the prediction league.

Well it sounds like Wednesday dont really want him so I think its a good bit of business really. If he turns out good we can buy him in January, if he is **** we can just let him go and look somewhere else. Just a shame we didn't have something similar with Ricketts.

Hello, thought you may be interested in a Wolves point of view on Leon Clarke, after your helpful insights on Freddy Eastwood. Leon Clarke came through our academy system and played for us until January ( I think ) when he was sold to Sheffield Wednesday for £250k. Since then I believe he has been farmed out to Oldham. Whilst at Molineux, Clarke was sent out to Kidderminster and Plymouth ( and maybe QPR? ). The early signs from Leon were very promising – he was a regular scorer for our reserves, and seemed set to make the step up. Physically imposing, and hard to knock off the ball, Clarke also had a real eye for goal. Whilst some of his approach play was often a little clumsy, he could certainly finish. He does, however, have the 'disinterested' look if things aren't going his way. He is possibly a but cumbersome for the Championship, but if he can get a run of games – and get his head down whilst at Roots Hall you may have a good player on your hands.

There were doubts expressed about Leons 'inner circle' and perhaps this was one reason he was shipped off to Wednesday. Perhaps he just got stale. Whatever the reason, I wish you good luck with Clarke, and hopefully he can fire you into a bit of form.

I'm still slightly baffled that MK Dons have snapped up Jemal Johnson for virtually nothing. I would have thought a League One team would have taken a chance on him, perhaps he is too erratic?

Freddy's A Legend!

'.....he could certainly finish. He does, however, have the 'disinterested' look if things aren't going his way'

Sounds a bit like Eastwood

The only time I can remember seeing him play was when Sheff Wed either won or drew at WBA at the tail end of the season and Clarke came on towards the end to hold the ball in the corners etc, and did a very effective job ending in one of the WBA players being sent off.

I look forward to seeing him play and will reserve judgement on him until I see him in a Southend United shirt.

The only time I can remember seeing him play was when Sheff Wed either won or drew at WBA at the tail end of the season and Clarke came on towards the end to hold the ball in the corners etc, and did a very effective job ending in one of the WBA players being sent off.

I look forward to seeing him play and will reserve judgement on him until I see him in a Southend United shirt.

He would have come in handy at Brighton with 10 mins to go then.

;)

"however, have the 'disinterested' look if things aren't going his way."

Sounds like another Stan Collymore in the making :)

He sounds like a very level headed kind of guy in his OS article, despite what we are hearing from others about him. He recognises that he will have to fight to get a place amongst our blossoming strikeforce (:hilarious:) and it sounds like he is really up for the challenge.

I for one will be giving him every chance to prove himself.

hopefully he's quite a big bloke. our strikers except harrold are pretty small, also if he was good in the air this would be a bonus.

Back