• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Women's World T20

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
Started yesterday with three matches in Guyana.

Two groups of 5 teams, with the top 2 going through to the semi-finals. England are in Group A in St Lucia and we have the following matches :-

10th November v Sri Lanka (8:00pm)
12th November v Bangladesh (8:00pm)
16th November v South Africa (8:00pm)
18th November v West Indies (8:00pm)

Highlights available on the ICC website and live matches on SKY SPORTS CRICKET.

Harmanpreet Kaur continued her astonishing assault on oppo bowlers yesterday (Remember her 171* against Australia in the World Cup last summer), with a century from 51 balls including 8 sixes, some well into the stands! :Worthy::Cool:

Here's the highlights link for all the matches and it should link to yesterday's India v NZ match. Check out Hayley Jensen's superb catch, as well! :-

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/903595

So, onwards to tonight's opening match for England, which we should win. The tough matches will be the last two in our group.

Last edited:
Right, match abandoned without a ball being bowled.

Forecast for the next few days isn't great.

This is no help to England, as this and the one on Monday are the two games we are expected to win!

India win again, so are pretty much guaranteed a semi-final berth.

Meanwhile, Group A is in danger of being a complete washout. There's even talk of moving the group to Antigua.

Last edited:
Not sure Bangladesh realise this is a 20 overs match!

26-3 off 10 overs!

Someone's just been dismissed for 39. The team have only got 42!

Well, they got 76.

A marvellous interview just now. Darren Ganga thinking he was interviewing Sophia Dunkley and not Kirstie Gordon! :Facepalm:

That's that one sorted. 55 for 3 RSP, but DLS is in our favour, so we're top of the group and I'll be surprised if SA and Sri Lanka get a game in tonight.

Some comments from social media on tonight's match :-

Charlotte Edwards : "Well done girls. A fine win!"

Claire Taylor : "Sensible batting from Nat and Amy"

Tracey Crouch : "As Minister for Sport, I'm whole heartedly behind this England Lacrosse team"

Christine Keeler : "I think Bangladesh didn't make good use of the Powerplay"

That Dog from That's Life : "Sausages!"

:Happy:

So, SA did play last night after all .. and they won.

Looking at the tables, WI play SA tomorrow night and whoever loses that one, as long as we beat them at the weekend, then we are through.

In Group B the key match is tonight, as Australia take on NZ. Unless NZ win, it's nailed on that Australia and India will qualify for the semi-finals.

The weather is still a bit iffy in St Lucia, so a washout of tomorrow night's match isn't an unlikely scenario.

We don't play again until Friday night now, when prospects are better.

Australia beat NZ so that's Group B sorted.

WI v SA in our group tonight

The WI beat SA last night, so if we can do the same to SA tomorrow evening then we are through to the semi-finals.

There'll be dancing in the streets of Gros Islet! :Happy:

A bit more riding on tonight's game than first suspected. Basically, if we win we are through but if we lose we are out, barring a miracle defeat of SA by Bangladesh in their final match!

Heather Knight : "It's a winner takes all clash and I, for one, can't wait to get out there"

Clare Connor : "It's what we've worked towards since the summer"

Darren Ganga : "I do hope I get the names right tonight during the post-match interviews"

Mick Jagger : "I'll be there this evening hoping my honky tonking women do the job!"

Theresa May : "I'm expecting a strong and stable performance tonight"

Dalai Lama : "Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions and in particular, not giving any sloppy singles away during the middle overs"

WI beat Sri Lanka last night, so we are fully qualified for the semi-finals.

Our final match of the group sees us play WI tomorrow evening, with the winner topping the group and playing 2nd place in the other group, which also sees a head to head for top spot when Australia meet India this afternoon (15:00pm GMT).

Good game tonight, which WI won, so they play Australia at 8:00pm on Thursday and afterwards, we play India for a place in the final on Saturday night.

Yep. Our batting needs to step up, especially against India. 120 won't be enough.

Semi-final night tonight.

Australia v West Indies at 8:00pm
England v India at Midnight

Anyone with a thirst for cricket or insomnia could actually stay up all night, as the 3rd Test starts at 4:30am, as well! :Cool:

Some pre-match thoughts :-

Sarah Taylor : "Go girls! I only wish I could be there tonight"

Anya Shrubsole : "A repeat of the Lords Final will do for us!"

Virat Kohli : "I'd love to be watching, but I'm in the middle of scoring another double century!"

Piers Morgan : "I'd have Kevin Pietersen in the side if I had my way. Wearing a skirt, just in case anyone gets suspicious"

That Huddersfield Bloke : "Cricket is for pricks. Boring and Negative. Driving 1000's of fans away. They can all go and **** themselves!"

Back