• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wordsworth ruled out for three months and Deegan at least two weeks with ankle injuri

SOUTHEND United midfielder Anthony Wordsworth has been ruled out for three months with an ankle injury.

More...

If only we had another skilful, left-footed midfielder who might be able to use the cup games as a way of getting into the first XI...

I hear they have exactly the same injury but Deegan's is immeasurably more severe as the foot is only just hanging on by the tendons. On that basis, the 3 month and 2 weeks prognoses seem correct.

Time to move Leonard in the middle and put Worrall out wide.

Gutted for them both because in recent weeks they've staked their claim to be in the team and Woody has chipped in with some assists and Deegan has clearly shown what we miss when he's not playing.

I dont get it, you say Deegan is the more severe but he's only out for 2 weeks ?

I dont get it, you say Deegan is the more severe but he's only out for 2 weeks ?

It's because Deegan's hard and Wordsworth is a girl. Alternatively, don't ever take SBH's posts at face value, apart from when he's being serious obviously.:smiles:

...and what is wrong with being a girl ? lol. Trust me, Mrs Super Kings is tougher than i'll ever be :blush:

Can't disagree with you on the Missus front, but how else would you differentiate between Deegan and Wordsworth's time out injured?

Big blow to have both out ............ but we have a biggish squad - time for others to step up to the saucer.

This is why I disagree with the phrase "squad player" - each player needs to be of a quality so that the manager can select them in the knowledge that they are capable of holding their own in this league - otherwise what is the point of playing their wages week in and week out?*

*That's a rhetorical question by the way.

Hopefully Payne will get an opportunity to play tomorrow now, particularly with Pigott also struggling. Worrall and Macca out wide with Payne, Timlin and Leonard in the middle.

Hopefully Payne will get an opportunity to play tomorrow now, particularly with Pigott also struggling. Worrall and Macca out wide with Payne, Timlin and Leonard in the middle.

Only problem with that is Mooney is not a good target man he isn't physically strong enough to hold the ball up.

No problems, it's not like we've got 381,291,290 other midfielders to call upon do we?

As long as Jack Payne takes to the pitch with his shorts pulled up round his tits and a stupid comedy beard everyone will be lapping up his every touch.

PB on Wordsworth injury: “It was a nothing challenge from Dave Worrall in training..."
Worrall: "I'm getting back in starting line-up whatever it takes!"

:smile:

Back