• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Get all the ( mostly justified ) negative comments , but at the risk of being in a minority , still the only midfield player in the past few seasons capable of being a consistent goal threat from midfield.
A rare commodity in the lower leagues.
Before anyone misreads that as being 'better than Lenny' etc , IMO no , he is nowhere near as good or valuable , but just saying that a fit Wordsworth ( and I get 'fit' is the key word ) is the only player we have that can 'make a difference' in a game when something is needed - long shot , late run into the box etc.
Wordsworth praising over.
Now get back to the negative stuff - most of it is right....

Well i have no pity for PB at all in the circumstance he finds himself in, if he truly fielded injured players who would have rather not played.

He said from the first season he was here that he prefers to play his best Eleven, and expects injured players to play through the pain.

Get all the ( mostly justified ) negative comments , but at the risk of being in a minority , still the only midfield player in the past few seasons capable of being a consistent goal threat from midfield.
Before anyone misreads that as being 'better than Lenny' etc , IMO no , he is nowhere near as good or valuable , but just saying that a fit Wordsworth ( and I get 'fit' is the key word ) is the only player we have that can 'make a difference' in a game when something is needed - long shot , late run into the box etc.
Correct, great player when fit, but can we afford to wait for him to get fit, and why, as has been said on here would PB play an unfit player.

He said from the first season he was here that he prefers to play his best Eleven, and expects injured players to play through the pain.

Yep, he touched on this in a recent pre-match interview where he mentioned many players, in the past, playing through injury at 75/80% fit and the like.

Correct, great player when fit, but can we afford to wait for him to get fit, and why, as has been said on here would PB play an unfit player.

well he made josh wright play despite him saying he was unfit/injured (fact) for that game and shock horror he plays and made the injury worse and now out for a month. Similar story to Wordsworth now ??

well he made josh wright play despite him saying he was unfit/injured (fact) for that game and shock horror he plays and made the injury worse and now out for a month. Similar story to Wordsworth now ??

Getting Josh Wright out for a month is good management, surely?

While I detest x amount of the budget being wasted on a player who is only available 30% of games there is no doubt he is a fantastic player.

What does Community Service entail these days?

Are we likely to see him queuing up in ASDA collecting people's shopping and the like?

My local youth football club have an agreement for a number of them to work on low-level maintainance of the football club grounds (pruning trees/nettles, fixing fences, etc). Nothing difficult or interesting.

My local youth football club have an agreement for a number of them to work on low-level maintainance of the football club grounds (pruning trees/nettles, fixing fences, etc). Nothing difficult or interesting.

MO 'Milkey'.

Sounds like he could definitely be put to good use on our pitch.

Or maybe he could put the dome together! :cool:

Well i have no pity for PB at all in the circumstance he finds himself in, if he truly fielded injured players who would have rather not played.

Most players would tell you they play half the season carrying an injury of some sort. Woody is no different. PB isn't to blame for that.

What does Community Service entail these days?

Are we likely to see him queuing up in ASDA collecting people's shopping and the like?

Wordsworth could easily injure himself carrying shopping to a car.

Authorities have agreed to use his skills in a far more productive way. Apparently he will tour round nursing homes at bath time and dip his toe in to check the water is nice an ambient.

So that's both Wright and Wordsworth injured with Leonard gone.

Timlin and Yearwood and who else available for CM?

So that's both Wright and Wordsworth injured with Leonard gone.

Timlin and Yearwood and who else available for CM?

Timlin and Yearwood would struggle in league 2 as a pairing in centre midfield

Yes hes out for 2 weeks!! Fantastic news for the club might win some games now and his replacement might actually put in some effort! Wordsworth most certainly does not!!

Back