• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Work Experience.

DTS

The Business
Where did you go and what did you do?

I went to Barclays Bank aged 14 for three weeks I think - maybe two.

Basically really enjoyed it. On my first day there my first job was to go round the perimiterer of the branch and pull out all the weeds from the foundations of the branch which really ****ed me off.

However by the end got on really well with all the staff and didnt want to go back to school. I recall getting a whopping £15 a week to surive on which didnt even cover the bus fair.

A few weeks after I lfet there was a raid on the branch and I recall the police coming to school to talk to me about it but of course I knew nothing.

Where did you go and what did you do?

I went to Barclays Bank aged 14 for three weeks I think - maybe two.

Basically really enjoyed it. On my first day there my first job was to go round the perimiterer of the branch and pull out all the weeds from the foundations of the branch which really ****ed me off.

However by the end got on really well with all the staff and didnt want to go back to school. I recall getting a whopping £15 a week to surive on which didnt even cover the bus fair.

A few weeks after I lfet there was a raid on the branch and I recall the police coming to school to talk to me about it but of course I knew nothing.

Just before your move to the Costa del Crime Dave?

Got shafted and got sent to the local Tesco's to be a f**king skivvy for three weeks despite it being not one of my three choices. Three of us started it, one lasted one day and never came back (clever lad), the other is still there to this day according to my mum.

Worked for Southend Borough Council Parks division which was bloody great, one week we were sent to Chalkwell Park during the Essex Cricket festival, absolutely great picking up the odd bit of litter while watching the cricket, bliss.

Debenhams mens section. I like to think it got me where I am today....

royal bank of scotland in southend, asked them for a job at the end of it !!

Didn't do work experience at school, but got shipped off to the south of Belgium for my Uni co-op.

8 / 9 hours a day of computer programming. Absolute ****. Lived with some nice Greek women though.

In-house printing & design department of a big insurance brokers.
At that time I fancied being a typesetter.
Enjoyed it but obviously didn't go that way in terms of a career.
Also got 3 summers of working with the on-site reprographics consultant being first line help-desk for any problems through the companies offices.
Mmmmmmm pretty office ladies (which when you're a hormonal 16/17/18 year old seemed like being let loose in a hareem)

Going to try and get work experience as an ICT teacher at m'local primary school this year.

Don't think it works quite like that! You go into schools as a classroom assistant on work experience, maybe an ICT assistant if you're lucky.

Never had work experience at my school.

Never had 'work experience' back in the day, but my first full-time summer job was working as a domestic at Runwell. That was some eye-opener! First job (so to speak) in the morning was to clean the bogs...it could only get better after that!

I did my first work experience at Havens in Southend. More recently I spent 3 days with the Industrial Editor at the Guardian Newspaper.

Back