• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Work On The New Training Ground Has Started Today 11th July 2022

My water butt is pretty full and I don't have a big enough garden to keep up with it. Willing to bottle it up and bring it to the training ground.
The Roots Hall pitch is coming along. It’s patchy in places, but I was expecting it to still be a sandpit, so the below photos should at least put minds at ease that it hasn’t been abandoned.

View attachment 26967

View attachment 26968

View attachment 26969

The same can’t be said for the new training ground though. Whilst the middle pitch looks green, the one closest to the car park looks ****ed. I’d assume they’re trying to salvage at least one of the pitches (the middle pitch, obviously) in the hope of moving in there at some point this season.

View attachment 26970

View attachment 26971

View attachment 26972
From those pictures and having been at the new training ground for a tour that looks like the top quality pitch that has been left to rot. A real shame because the standard of that was meant to be very good, not sure the need for it being that high with the state of some of the pitches played on (Roots Hall included)!

My water butt is pretty full and I don't have a big enough garden to keep up with it. Willing to bottle it up and bring it to the training ground.

From those pictures and having been at the new training ground for a tour that looks like the top quality pitch that has been left to rot. A real shame because the standard of that was meant to be very good, not sure the need for it being that high with the state of some of the pitches played on (Roots Hall included)!
They need to make those fences higher with Powell's shooting 😣

View attachment 27061
This is a football pitch near where I live. I believe it is a similar pitch to the training ground with plastic fibers. Anyway, the left side is from google streetview, taken in May this year. The right side was taken yesterday, about 6 weeks later. I reckon we have nothing to be too worried about.
This is looking at it positively, but in order to achieve the said improvement in 6 weeks, we would need funds from Ron in order to pay for water, the correct equipment and staff, something RM is clearly not capable of or is not willing to do. I praise the optimism, however until Ron is gone and funding put into the club we will not have a decent training pitch, or club in which to play on it.

It’s as simple as fertiliser that’s what’s needed on it to get it back on track, but the club won’t pay for it … shock

Any sign of the temporary buildings or any prep work? I thought the temporary buildings had already been purchased

Over a month since planning permission was granted for the temporary buildings - which I'm sure I read somewhere had already been purchased. Any update on the state of the new training ground?

Has the club signed a lease on the training ground yet? Is something preventing that (other than no buildings!)?

Over a month since planning permission was granted for the temporary buildings - which I'm sure I read somewhere had already been purchased. Any update on the state of the new training ground?

Has the club signed a lease on the training ground yet? Is something preventing that (other than no buildings!)?
was at the hall yesterday and someone said they are going to put up porta cabins but didn`t say when

Back