• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Work On The New Training Ground Has Started Today 11th July 2022

That make me laugh, maybe in 24/25 season on first game of the season in League 1, after two promotion in a row & both club got out of League 2.

That make me laugh, maybe in 24/25 season on first game of the season in League 1, after two promotion in a row & both club got out of League 2.
Not sure both keepers should be in the same kit though :Goal:

Just had a pop down to the site and walked along Fossets Way. Well worth doing. You don't get the full picture in the car. The workers are still beavering away. Smithers farm is very interesting. It's on a rectangular island hemmed in by the training ground and Fossets Way. You do get a good idea of how big the site is. You can just see Boots and Laces and the current training pitches but south of them to Fossets Way is scrub. Mother nature has well and truly taken over. No specimen trees or Armada oaks as far as I can see. It's a massive build. Just clearing the site and enclosing it will take time. Then the road into the site, the groundwork etc etc. I'm getting tired just thinking about it. It really is very exciting. Worth the walk.

But to cheer you up, look at the score board and who we are playing. Guessing must be early in the first half :ROFL:

Guessing also that the stand under the score board is the away end? Its empty
Bit optimistic with the number of cameras. I'm slightly disappointed there is no ladder climb to dice with death in trusting yourself in the ability of the scaffolding.

Just showed my wife some of the activity and to quote "Doesn't look like a lots happening" I then explained that it takes time to craft such a complex project and it's always going take time to see any actual progress. A bit like my DIY speed.

• Haha
Reactions: TJC
I wonder whether there are fans at Scunthorpe, Walsall, Brentford, Wigan, Huddersfield, York City, Col Ewe, Reading and Oxford, who hanker after their old grounds?

Yeah, I know you can't stand still.
Yeah, I know the facilities at the Hall are wanting.
Yeah, I know we have to move if we're to stand a chance of Championship football again.

But I sincerely hope our new home has a little bit of soul. Something that makes it distinguishable from the other Lego kits.
Sigh...
I know a York fan who hankers after the old Bootham Cresent ground. Their new ground is tidy but lacks any character according to him. I'll miss the old girl that is Roots Hall but shes had her time and served us well. Many happy memories and fond thoughts will stay with me always but its time to move forward, our future lies in a new ground.

I know a York fan who hankers after the old Bootham Cresent ground. Their new ground is tidy but lacks any character according to him. I'll miss the old girl that is Roots Hall but shes had her time and served us well. Many happy memories and fond thoughts will stay with me always but its time to move forward, our future lies in a new ground.
I wonder if fans felt like that coming from the Greyhound stadium to Roots Hall?

Slightly off topic!

I'm sorry my laptop has gone in for repairs and therefore I'm battling with a very old tablet!!! I'm unable to find the updated plans for the new stadium. So can someone answer me this question I have: from memory the new stadium is enveloped with apartments. Therefore, and I know this is an unlikely scenario in my life time, is there the ability to increase capacity by building upper tiers on one, two, three or all four sides?

Slightly off topic!

I'm sorry my laptop has gone in for repairs and therefore I'm battling with a very old tablet!!! I'm unable to find the updated plans for the new stadium. So can someone answer me this question I have: from memory the new stadium is enveloped with apartments. Therefore, and I know this is an unlikely scenario in my life time, is there the ability to increase capacity by building upper tiers on one, two, three or all four sides?
So we haven't yet seen the full updated plans since the announcement of the change to 17,000 capacity, we are still awaiting renders and detail which I expect to become available to the public in the coming few months (hopefully).

I would assume being a modern stadium structure, the addition for future increase of capacity will be put in place, although unlikely to be sanctioned unless we propel up the leagues and start to consistently sell out the full 17,000.

So we haven't yet seen the full updated plans since the announcement of the change to 17,000 capacity, we are still awaiting renders and detail which I expect to become available to the public in the coming few months (hopefully).

I would assume being a modern stadium structure, the addition for future increase of capacity will be put in place, although unlikely to be sanctioned unless we propel up the leagues and start to consistently sell out the full 17,000.
With saying that, I think they have actually snuck a few new renders in without telling us, I believe this is an old photo:

1658679867041.png

While this render is a new one:

1658679883150.png

That being said, with the training ground not going under any changes to the planning, that is the reason why we are still seeing Oxley's face 😂

This also seems to be a new render as well:

1658679937607.png

Scroll back a page or 2 and you’ll see these new pics being discussed, plus a master plan and link to the official development site.

Thanks

Back