• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Work On The New Training Ground Has Started Today 11th July 2022

Modern structures and stadiums shouldn't need pillars, will be ****ed off if they do because sitting in the West Stand is a pain in the arse sometimes.

From where I sit, the amount of times I see the ball go towards the South Stand net and I can never see if it goes in because the keep is behind the pole.

Lets ****ing hope not.
I might be wrong but I don’t think that’s even allowed to happen anymore. Part of updated regulations I think means that you should not have an obstructed view anywhere you sit it a new stadium. Perhaps someone itk could confirm

I might be wrong but I don’t think that’s even allowed to happen anymore. Part of updated regulations I think means that you should not have an obstructed view anywhere you sit it a new stadium. Perhaps someone itk could confirm
Sounds like a question for our in-house stadium building guru @Sherif H

Sounds like a question for our in-house stadium building guru @Sherif H
Regulations are clear on sightlines - require new build stadia and grandstands to have a minimum C-value from each seat - that is essentially the distance from your eyeline over the person's head in front to a given focal point (usually the touchline). As long as this value is met, there isn't usually an issue. New stands can and have been built with supporting stanchions, but no, I would absolutely not expect a new build stadium to have anything other than a fully cantilevered roof structure.

Regulations are clear on sightlines - require new build stadia and grandstands to have a minimum C-value from each seat - that is essentially the distance from your eyeline over the person's head in front to a given focal point (usually the touchline). As long as this value is met, there isn't usually an issue. New stands can and have been built with supporting stanchions, but no, I would absolutely not expect a new build stadium to have anything other than a fully cantilevered roof structure.
Thanks @Sherif H - I knew you were the man!

Modern structures and stadiums shouldn't need pillars, will be ****ed off if they do because sitting in the West Stand is a pain in the arse sometimes.

From where I sit, the amount of times I see the ball go towards the South Stand net and I can never see if it goes in because the keep is behind the pole.

Lets ****ing hope not.
Mostly when we've been attacking the South in the last 3 seasons , you can assume its not going in ..........

I'd assume where that is most of the attendance has been cut down from, being a 7000 drop, that was the biggest part to cut from.

I do however hope there is contingency for expansion, being a modern structure, I'd expect there to be bits in place to allow the ease of making it bigger if it ever came to it.

Is it a 7k drop. I thought we were going from 21k to 17.5k?

I like the stadium, quite frankly it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference If I didn't, but I can't help thinking that the changes make the stadium far more generic.

To me it now resembles the Keepmoat but with houses round the outside ie a complete bowl.

I like the stadium, quite frankly it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference If I didn't, but I can't help thinking that the changes make the stadium far more generic.

To me it now resembles the Keepmoat but with houses round the outside ie a complete bowl.
It was always going to …. And I’m sure the changes ain’t finished yet ! Worth noting all the important stuff to help the club sustain the club and make the club viable aren’t being done first they will be ‘also jobs’ at the end .. the dome the training ground indoor facilities the main stand … 4 years is along time my friends

Let’s hope our mate @Carl can get RM to budge

It was always going to …. And I’m sure the changes ain’t finished yet ! Worth noting all the important stuff to help the club sustain the club and make the club viable aren’t being done first they will be ‘also jobs’ at the end .. the dome the training ground indoor facilities the main stand … 4 years is along time my friends

Let’s hope our mate @Carl can get RM to budge
Commercial is being introduced into the east west n south first phase

I think the very original was 24,000, then down to 21,000, now down to circa 17,000

Really. I always thought the original was 21k.

Either way. I think 17k is a good size. 21k is too big and even with 17k, it's big enough for every league.

Went to B&Q and Scott's garden centre so of course had to see how the training ground was getting on. 3 very big diggers one digging a hole. (Exciting or what), 2 other heavy duty machines I could not identify. A great pile of grey aggregate/hardcore and what I think were blue pipes but my eyesight is not what it was. They are getting in with it

Where's the exciting !!! KOP that was mentioned ? As all sides now look the same .Also where's the huge away section for the Wealstone massive going to be .Liked the original sperm design better as at least it wasn't 4 bog standard sides with blocks of flats attached.......Mind you back in 2008 we were all dreaming of the big time along with Brighton whos ground had also been passed.Whatever happened to them !

Back