• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Work On The New Training Ground Has Started Today 11th July 2022

Time for a few more photos from White Horse. I went round there for a look and work seems to be progressing. More permanent security fencing erected on the south side of the site and it looks like the attenuation pond is dug and they are lining it with soil. Come on White Horse some of us would like a bit of comment on the building techniques used. You can get pretty near the water tank from Fossets Way and it looks pretty big to me. The site looks very muddy at present with the rain we've had.

Time for a few more photos from White Horse. I went round there for a look and work seems to be progressing. More permanent security fencing erected on the south side of the site and it looks like the attenuation pond is dug and they are lining it with soil. Come on White Horse some of us would like a bit of comment on the building techniques used. You can get pretty near the water tank from Fossets Way and it looks pretty big to me. The site looks very muddy at present with the rain we've had.
Sounds like they're digging it out and then refilling it!

Well this is one of the things I wanted to know. Online it says attenuation ponds are lined with plastic like a pond. I couldn't see clearly to see what was happening. It might be they are putting soft earth down prior to the membrane. Come on White Horse we need to know. ☺️
Anyway it's coming along. Going to be great when it's finished. Hopefully the club will give us a tour when it is finally complete well at least this phase. I may not live long enough to see the changing rooms, gym etc built.

The best way of 'sealing' a natural body of water is with clay, it forms a waterproof barrier.

This maybe what the are doing, or prepping for an artificial liner

One thing I forgot to mention was that I noticed that Fossets Way has a noticeable incline. The pitches are banked. There are two at the top by the water tank and then a bank down to the lower two.

The one thing is where will the players do any gym work as there is no news on a club house like at boots n laces .

One thing I forgot to mention was that I noticed that Fossets Way has a noticeable incline. The pitches are banked. There are two at the top by the water tank and then a bank down to the lower two.
The greater Fossetts site is surprisingly quite high and has differing heights across the site.

B&Q, the Wellesley Hospital, and the hill fort are at an altitude of 25m above Mean Sea Level (MSL), by the time you get to Smither's Farm house it is down to 15m MSL and Temple Farm Cottages and Temple Farm Industrial estate is at 10m MSL.

The hill fort was there for a reason, if you stand on top where the hillfort site is you can see right up the Roach Valley for some way, across to Canewdon and down to Wakering and Shoebury. I'm sure that before the housing was built in between there and the seafront you would have been able, pretty much, to see right down to the seashore at Southchurch, Southchurch Road is at 20m MSL, and Thorpe Esplanade. A good defensive position in a largely flat landscape...

The one thing is where will the players do any gym work as there is no news on a club house like at boots n laces .
Think they will have to get changed at Roots Hall before training, drive to FF for training and then drive back to Roots Hall after to use the gym, then shower and have lunch as under the current plans the facilities at the training ground won’t be built for 3-4 years as Ron hasn’t got a pot to **** in so it will be just 4 pitches and a car park for the foreseeable future!

It will be virtually the last thing built as per the building schedule. I think the priority for the development is the stadium as it is the quid pro quo for freeing up the Roots Hall site.

Think they will have to get changed at Roots Hall before training, drive to FF for training and then drive back to Roots Hall after to use the gym, then shower and have lunch as under the current plans the facilities at the training ground won’t be built for 3-4 years as Ron hasn’t got a pot to **** in so it will be just 4 pitches and a car park for the foreseeable future!

Why would they drive to RH when they can use the changing rooms and showers that will be delivered once the pitches are usable.

Why would they drive to RH when they can use the changing rooms and showers that will be delivered once the pitches are usable.
Have you not seen the plans? None of them facilities you mention are being built for another 3-4 years, they are one of the last things to get built according to the plans. So as I said it will just be 4 training pitches and a car park for quite some time yet. There was going to be temporary changing rooms but they have been scrapped now too. No doubt again because of a lack of money.

Only our chairman would build a training ground without any facilities for the players to use before and after training. If he really loved the club like he says he does then he would have ensured they were built at the same time as the pitches but we all know he just cares about the new housing development rather than the football club.

The training facilities are one of the most important parts of any football club, but as I said Ron doesn’t care about that.

As the training rooms will now be the last thing that gets built out of the Fossets Farm development, they will either use Roots Hall or something like this:-

ChangingRooms.png

They could of course use the changing rooms at Roots Hall. If it all goes to plan them they can use the changing rooms at the new stadium a good 300? yard jog to the training ground. There is a gym in Fossets Way. It wasn't so long ago that Tilly was taking the squad to his favourite gym in Basildon. Every problem has a solution.

Lots of activity on Fossets Way today with two separate sets of traffic lights. There was also a terrible stink, either someone had broken a sewer or Ron was paying a visit.

It has been busy there for a good while. The weather has been almost perfect for the grass. Portacabin style temp facilities can be put in easy.

Back