• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Work On The New Training Ground Has Started Today 11th July 2022

So does that mean we are onto the next phase of the project?
I think the new training ground needed to be available and a lease signed before next phase could begin.

Have the temporary training facilities been constructed? I think some were at Fossets and the rest at Roots Hall?

I think the new training ground needed to be available and a lease signed before next phase could begin.

Have the temporary training facilities been constructed? I think some were at Fossets and the rest at Roots Hall?
When i spoke to TL last he said temporary training buildings were to expensive and that there would only be a social type thing there as mentioned in the plans. The players would use the gym at RH. Where they would shower/change etc i have no idea.

When i spoke to TL last he said temporary training buildings were to expensive and that there would only be a social type thing there as mentioned in the plans. The players would use the gym at RH. Where they would shower/change etc i have no idea.

I think the showers are at Roots Hall as was the canteen and as you mention gym, but I thought there was something needed at Fossets, maybe a couple of porta loos and a couple of containers - can't remember now.

Here are some of the plans for the installation of 5 Temporary Modular buildings for “Welfare/training” facilities, for a period not exceeding 3 years, in lieu of the sunken facility already agreed.

View attachment 23551

View attachment 23552

View attachment 23553

View attachment 23554

View attachment 23555

View attachment 23556
I somehow missed seeing this post beforehand, but @Exiled Shrimper kindly pointed out to me today, they have not even got planning consent yet! So more delays.

Last edited:
Just a personal view probably wrong but I wonder if it's not sensible to wait until next season before using the training ground. End of season is now depending on playoffs or not 2/3 months.To rush using it now before the grass has become well rooted might spoil it. So time for the planning permission is not so critical. We'll definitely get it. We just need to get through beyond March. Fingers crossed.

Just a personal view probably wrong but I wonder if it's not sensible to wait until next season before using the training ground. End of season is now depending on playoffs or not 2/3 months.To rush using it now before the grass has become well rooted might spoil it. So time for the planning permission is not so critical. We'll definitely get it. We just need to get through beyond March. Fingers crossed.
I think it has already been stated in some Q&A that Kev doesn't want to move to the new training facility until after the season has finished, too disruptive for the players.

To satisfy the planning permission condition we do not have to have moved to the new training ground - it just has to be ready and a the club signed a lease on it. So it's possible funds could be released whilst we still use boots and laces for the final few weeks of the season

Just had a look at the Rochford application for the temporary training facilities. Some interesting info. in the covering letter from the consultants which indicates that the players won't have to go back to Roots Hall for showers or canteen facilities. A few extracts here:

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 09.40.42.png

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 09.42.12.png
Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 09.43.46.png
I reckon this is all pretty key to getting things moving at B&L and so the sooner Rochford DC grant this, the better. To me it looks like the plan must be to move everything over here in the close season and to start pre-season training on the new pitches.

Just had a look at the Rochford application for the temporary training facilities. Some interesting info. in the covering letter from the consultants which indicates that the players won't have to go back to Roots Hall for showers or canteen facilities. A few extracts here:

View attachment 25481

View attachment 25482
View attachment 25483
I reckon this is all pretty key to getting things moving at B&L and so the sooner Rochford DC grant this, the better. To me it looks like the plan must be to move everything over here in the close season and to start pre-season training on the new pitches.
Presumably the disabled parking spots are for Hyde, Murphy and Mooney?

View attachment 25481

View attachment 25482
View attachment 25483
I’m just pleased they’ve got the parking bays in for Murphy Ralph and Hyde

View attachment 25481

View attachment 25482
View attachment 25483
My reading of it was whilst Sport England had no objections to the Roots Hall/training ground split they thought it better to have it all on one site both for the benefit of the players as they would not be bused around and that it was greener. They have no objections to the current proposals either. Makes sense. All Rochford seem to want is the temporary buildings to be painted green and a screening bund (embankment) bring built between the SUDS pond and the building.

Few more documents uploaded to the Rochford planning portal. Can't see anything that addresses ECC view that they do not have enough info on drainage proposals.

And a couple of objections registered from residents

Back