• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Work On The New Training Ground Has Started Today 11th July 2022

And I’ll ask again it’s nearly April grass is well and truly growing and should be a lush meadow now.. it’s almost that once PC was reached and the principle contractors obligations have been met Southend don’t have the money to maintain the new facilities hence why no photos … go on Southend put my mind at rest

I have not said anything before , a few years ago I was speaking to someone I had been to school with and known for years was and still is on the Council . He told me that the new ground would Never be built .

I have not said anything before , a few years ago I was speaking to someone I had been to school with and known for years was and still is on the Council . He told me that the new ground would Never be built .

That may be true but in reality what was said a few years ago is not necessary relevant now as opinions as well as some of those involved change.

Three things:

1. This was just one person's opinion, not a statement of fact.
2. This was a few years ago, and things have actually progressed a lot since then.
3. Any reason for the capital "N" in "Never"?

Last edited:
For those interested here are the details of tonight’s Rochford Planning meetings taking place at the Mill Hall Rayleigh this evening from 7.30pm. It includes our application for the temporary trading facilities and members of the public are welcome.

Alternatively, the link to see live proceedings is as follows:

https://www.youtube.com/@rochfordcouncil/streams

Hope it works.

Attachments

• B5948B4B-6D2E-492D-B6DA-87509D7B8100.png
    B5948B4B-6D2E-492D-B6DA-87509D7B8100.png
    331.4 KB · Views: 30
But we only have three years to chase Smithers down the Lane
Then the hot rods have to use Fossett,s Way.

My blood pressure was ok until listened to all that !!

:Clap::Clap:
I laughed so much when some idiot was trying to claim Smithers Chase was unsuitable because it wasn't wide enough for coaches. If I was there I wouldn't have been so polite when explaining that this was the training facility and the players don't arrive at training in a coach! That was before some other idiot tried to claim all the players would be turning up in their Mercedes!

I laughed so much when some idiot was trying to claim Smithers Chase was unsuitable because it wasn't wide enough for coaches. If I was there I wouldn't have been so polite when explaining that this was the training facility and the players don't arrive at training in a coach! That was before some other idiot tried to claim all the players would be turning up in their Mercedes!

When 'reserves' or 'youth' play games there - do the opposition use a coach to turn up?

Have the cabins arrived yet? Or will we go back to pre season at boots and laces?
My guess would be that there will be a small transition period during preseason for the cabins to arrive, hopefully just before the season starts.

Back