• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Working hours

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Out of interest what are your working hours and industry.

I write software for a bank on a freelance basis. I do 10.5 hours a day plus 1h 20 mins commute each way.

Am a freelance Quantity Surveyor in the building industry - working from home - some days are 8/9 hours - other days are nowt - depends on workload and clients

Betting and gaming.

Working hours officially 0900-1730, journey door to door is about 1h 15m in the mornings, 1h in the evenings.

Used to work a lot of weekends, evenings, bank holidays etc, but happily now just Monday to Friday. That said, my new employers are an Israeli company and the Tel Aviv office works Sunday to Thursday, so I'm prepared for emails coming in on Sunday. Which I will ignore.

Don't really have working hours. Contracted for 35 hours. Supposed to be in for core hours which are 10-3 but can start and leave when I want, and can work from home when I want. First half of the week i do nursery drop off so I'm usually in 8.30-5. Rest of the week it's usually 9.30-6.

Downside is that I work a lot of evenings and sometimes weekends, the work varies between being quiet and being really intense.

Door to door on the tram is about 25mins.

Betting and gaming.

Working hours officially 0900-1730, journey door to door is about 1h 15m in the mornings, 1h in the evenings.

What do you actually do for a living Leo have to say I'm quite interested.. Like when you have a trader who works for a betting company what do they do? Make bets all day for the firm???

I'm an administrator in an estate agency (typist/PA!), my hours are part time and I do 20 a week plus over time and one Sunday in 5. Our actual opening hours are 8.30 - 7 during the week, 9 - 5 Saturdays and 10 - 2 Sundays.

Oh, and a 10 minute drive to work, at least in the school hols!

Last edited:
Betting and gaming.

Used to work a lot of weekends, evenings, bank holidays etc, but happily now just Monday to Friday. That said, my new employers are an Israeli company and the Tel Aviv office works Sunday to Thursday, so I'm prepared for emails coming in on Sunday. Which I will ignore.

Are gaming firms filled with degenerate gamblers?

The friend I have who works for one loves a punt.

My title is Finance Director, but I'm a glorified book keeper really. I do 7:30 to 15:45 mostly, although I can have complete flexibility. I do a 1hr 10min commute each way via c2c and the District Line, both of which are brilliantly reliable these days.

RAF Police Dog Handler, whatever hours they decide I work!

Normally work 12 hour night shifts 4 on 4 off but often end up working my days off.

I live 1 mile from the camp so my commute is pretty easy.

What do you actually do for a living Leo have to say I'm quite interested.. Like when you have a trader who works for a betting company what do they do? Make bets all day for the firm???

My job is to help betting companies develop their multi channel proposition, i.e. give customers a consistent approach and service across mobile, shop, machines, etc.

Traders/odds compilers price up events - often with the help of algorithms - then monitor them to take in to account who is betting on what, the weight of money, team news, etc.

Are gaming firms filled with degenerate gamblers?

The friend I have who works for one like a punt.

Little from column A, little from column B.

For example, when I worked in the property department at Ladbrokes, the director, at a team away day, asked everyone who had a Betfair account to put their hands up. I was the only one in a room of about 70.

At my last place though I sat near the finance team and those boys were proper flies-up-a-wall types.

Personally, I love betting and punt most days but record every single bet on a spreadsheet so while I'm in no danger of being able to retire on what I earn betting I do stay well in control.

Journalist, currently working in the renewables sector.

Contracted to work 9am - 6pm, but I'll get the odd day - especially during press week - where I can be in as late as 9/10pm. I'll also have the odd interview with companies on the US west coast or in Asia, but I can juggle my hours around a bit for those. I'll work the odd Sunday afternoon too if I'm really busy.

I also do a bit of academy coaching on the side, at the moment between 6 and 10 hours a month, and that's midweek evenings 7:30 - 10.

RAF Police Dog Handler, whatever hours they decide I work!

Normally work 12 hour night shifts 4 on 4 off but often end up working my days off.

I live 1 mile from the camp so my commute is pretty easy.

Is that for the young dogs and then they progress to the RUF and then onto the WOOF?

:tumbleweed:

I'll get my coat ...

Little from column A, little from column B.

For example, when I worked in the property department at Ladbrokes, the director, at a team away day, asked everyone who had a Betfair account to put their hands up. I was the only one in a room of about 70.

At my last place though I sat near the finance team and those boys were proper flies-up-a-wall types.

Personally, I love betting and punt most days but record every single bet on a spreadsheet so while I'm in no danger of being able to retire on what I earn betting I do stay well in control.

I have heard when big bets on unheard of horses come in everyone is on there phone getting a piece of the action before the price moves.....

Senior Contracts Manager for a facilities managment compmay

My post is in our education sector which basically means I have overall operational and financial accountability for all our School contracts across Essex and London (around 250 clients & 400 full and part time staff)

Paid for 37.5 hours a week but its really a work as long as it takes to ensure everything runs smoothly, with no formal contracted hours. Some days are ok others and not but it's never boring with no two days being the same.

Local office is in Chelmsford so only a 20-30 minute commute, however client meetings can mean anything up to 4-5 hours a day on the road.

Sounds good, is that voluntary? Is that working towards UEFA B?

Half of it's voluntary, half paid. And yep, working towards the UEFA B. Hoping to (finally) get on one early next year... I've heard London/Essex/Herts FAs combined are only putting on another two this year!

My job is to help betting companies develop their multi channel proposition, i.e. give customers a consistent approach and service across mobile, shop, machines, etc.

Traders/odds compilers price up events - often with the help of algorithms - then monitor them to take in to account who is betting on what, the weight of money, team news, etc.

Ahhhh I see I just assumed bookies bet against each other like on an exchange like betfair on things they had worked out to be an inflated price or have a similar sort of operation going on as the Brighton chairman has where everything is analysed to predict a most probable outcome.

Back