• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Be it Olympics, World or even the Euros, the week of top class track and field competition is one of my sporting highlights of the year. (Realistic) hopes...

Jess Ennis and Katarina Johnson-Thompson (love her Twitter bio) having a battle royal in the heptathlon.

Bolt beats Gatlin

Our women's sprint relay sneak a medal

Greg Rutherford shuts up the likes of me who said he was lucky to get Olympic gold by winning gold in Beijing and completing the full set.

Gatlin with a 9.77 in the semi's after Bolt stumbles in his semi. It's going to be a really close final, I think Gatlin might edge him.

Ennis-Hill puts in another sterling performance to win gold!

What a final and a deserved victory by Bolt!

Gutted for KJT (her fault of course, make sure you register at least one legal effort), delighted for Jess, thrilled for Bolt.

Greg wins and is one of only 5 Brits to hold all the major prizes at the same time.

Absolutely delighted for him. Not a golden era for the long jump, with some pretty ordinary distances, but you can only beat what's out there. A true champ.

Absolutely delighted for him. Not a golden era for the long jump, with some pretty ordinary distances, but you can only beat what's out there. A true champ.

Comes across as a bit of a bell, but has that knack of delivering when it counts!

I thought Laura Muir put in a good showing in her 1500m final, in what was a genuinely world class race.

Zarnel Hughes was impressive in the 200m heats. Doesn't mean much but to be 3rd fastest overall is impressive.

Comes across as a bit of a bell, but has that knack of delivering when it counts!

I thought Laura Muir put in a good showing in her 1500m final, in what was a genuinely world class race.

Zarnel Hughes was impressive in the 200m heats. Doesn't mean much but to be 3rd fastest overall is impressive.

I started following a few track and field athletes on Twitter at the start of this season. Unfollowed Rutherford within a week.

Yeah, Muir's 1,500m race was brutal. 5th in that company (albeit a fair way off) is a great springboard for her.

Ohuruogu was excellent today too, but Miller and Felix both looked scarily good. Christine is a proper championship performer though, should be a cracking race.

Great to see some of athletics doing so well, we also done well in the swimming championships l month. Good luck to them all.

Bolt is amazing, will he win the 200m as well ?. He must be one of the worlds greatest sports person (nearly up there with ALI)

Couple of Kenyans suspended on doping charges now. Someone needs to get a grip on this before it goes mental.

Couple of Kenyans suspended on doping charges now. Someone needs to get a grip on this before it goes mental.

The Kenya situation is quite interesting, and Steve Cram made some good points. Young talented Kenyan athletes are impressionable and becoming a good athlete can almost literally become life and death. There are people who are able to exploit this level of desperation. Also, Kenya doesn't have an internal doping process - maybe the level of entry into major championships needs to be linked somehow to the effort that they put into dope testing.

But yeah, the IAAF need to get into this in a serious way.

A Kenyan has just launched a missile in the jav.

Is that her out? Got it on in the office, but sound turned down.

They haven't announced anything. If it was moving to an inside lane then it would be, but technically she's run further and so they're not completely sure. Doesn't sound like Adeoye is complaining so she might be ok.

Back