• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World Athletics Championships

Hopefully Jessica Ennis is going to take Gold in the Heptahlon tonight.

Usain Bolt is also through to the 100m final, I wonder if he can beat the world record. He ran 9.89 in the semi while slowing down, amazing.

I think Bolt will do it - currently available at 1.84 (5/6) on Betfair.

Proper sport this, cracking stuff.

I actually fancy Tyson Gay to finally storm out of the blocks and carry it home. Maybe to be more realistic I'll say it'll be very tight

She was awesome. A great performance!

What I really liked was how she didn't just settle for jogging round in the 800m. Instead, she ran a brutal first lap and when Dobrynska came at her, she found more in the tank. What a competitor. Rather cute too. As was the American girl. And the other other Brit. :clap:

What I really liked was how she didn't just settle for jogging round in the 800m. Instead, she ran a brutal first lap and when Dobrynska came at her, she found more in the tank. What a competitor. Rather cute too. As was the American girl. And the other other Brit. :clap:

Yup, she could shatter my personal best.

Have you seen the Kiwi shot putter, I reckon she kich starts jumbo jets.:O

I'll be keeping my eyes open for her around Sheffield! Well fit, in all senses of the word

My friend asked me to text me the result, he told me to **** off and stop mucking around when I text him the time!

We're watching history in the making, I can't imagine seeing anyone running faster than Bolt in my lifetime

My friend asked me to text me the result, he told me to **** off and stop mucking around when I text him the time!

We're watching history in the making, I can't imagine seeing anyone running faster than Bolt in my lifetime

Records are there to be beaten, but sub 9.6 is stunning.

I didn't think that I would see Bob Beamon's world long jump record set in Mexico in 1968 beaten, it took over 20 years but it was beaten.

Bolt reckons he can go to 9.4. Incredible.

Wow. Truly amazing and a privilege to witness. Pity the guys in 4th and 5th - they ran 9.93 and come away with nothing!

Loved the clip they showed of the reaction of Colin Jackson, Denise Lewis and Michael Johnson back in the studio. Johnson was just shaking his head, absolutely speechless. Great stuff.

Loved the clip they showed of the reaction of Colin Jackson, Denise Lewis and Michael Johnson back in the studio. Johnson was just shaking his head, absolutely speechless. Great stuff.

I liked that too. The reaction of Lewis* and Jackson was pretty much the same as me and the Mrs. We were absolutely buzzing!

*Isn't Denise looking lovely?

Same here mate, one of those magical moments when its impossible to contain your emotions (Michael Owen's goal against the Argies, Jonny Wilkinson's drop goal against the Aussies and the catch off Kasprowicz at Old Trafford in the 2005 Ashes were met with similar reactions)

Gotta love sport!

Back