• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World Challenge - Fundraising Race Night

Recently I posted up that I needed ways of fundraising for my World Challenge Expedition to Mongolia in the Summer of '09.

I came accross the method of hosting a Race Night, and so therefore am going to try and do so.

However, I am less experienced in life than certain people. :cricko: and am therefore in need of advice to do this.

What do I do?
Any traditions I should know of?
Any general advice?

Help please.

Recently I posted up that I needed ways of fundraising for my World Challenge Expedition to Mongolia in the Summer of '09.

I came accross the method of hosting a Race Night, and so therefore am going to try and do so.

However, I am less experienced in life than certain people. :cricko: and am therefore in need of advice to do this.

What do I do?
Any traditions I should know of?
Any general advice?

Help please.

There are two types of race night as far as I know - the first where you're watching actual races on disk or video and betting on the outcome, the second where you have a large carpet marked out, with people being the "runners". In both cases you bet on an individual to win. It's usually only 20p a bet, so many people bet, say £1 on a particular horse, or spread their bets. You can also "sponsor" a runner in the race.

I don't know where you live, but there are very active Lions Clubs throughout the local area all of whom have regularly run Race Nights for charity. If you send me a pm I can let you have contact details for your local club and you can seek advice/help from them. Depending on the club they may come to an arrangement with you to run it on your behalf, with the proceeds going towards your venture, or to split the profits with you.

Back