• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World Championship Darts 2020

cerbera45

Coach⭐
Day 10 from the Alexandra Palace, Simon Whitlock beaten 4-0 in the Round of 32

Absolutely superb match between MVG and Joe Cullen (ranked 16th). Cullen just missed a match dart and it’s gone into a final set..with Cullen throwing first.

Cullen played the match of his life and at the end MVG just pretty much ignored him (hated that).
He really did, two match darts .. he was so close. To be fair to MVG he was very complimentary towards Joe afterwards in the interview. Probably just relieved to win!

Good, I can’t stand van Gerwen.
Out of interest, why?

I can't think of a sportsman more gracious in defeat than MvG. He also seems to bring the absolute best out of his opponents yet still has a ridiculously good record.

The greatest darts player of all time and looks like a giant baby. What is there to dislike?

Price completely deserved the title last night, great performance. Also made sure everyone got entertained with the doubling drama towards the end!

Out of interest, why?

I can't think of a sportsman more gracious in defeat than MvG. He also seems to bring the absolute best out of his opponents yet still has a ridiculously good record.

The greatest darts player of all time and looks like a giant baby. What is there to dislike?

Price completely deserved the title last night, great performance. Also made sure everyone got entertained with the doubling drama towards the end!
Phil Taylor might have something to say about that. Otherwise agree on MVG, lovely fella and very down to earth. He just likes to win.

Out of interest, why?

Always been a Phil Taylor fan and didn’t like how he came in and just didn’t like how he celebrated. I don’t doubt he’s a nice guy but I’d prefer anyone else to win except him.

The Taylor v MvG debate is always a good one, they are both elite obviously, but I don't remember any World Championships during Taylor's dominant era where he faced people playing to the standard of Cullen and Chisnall did against MvG in this one. The depth is so much stronger now.

i still cannot stand Price to me he is an *** wipe, just my thoughts on him

Back