• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World Club Cup

MK Shrimper

Striker
I read that FIFA are planning on hosting a World Club Cup every four years (starting in 2021). UEFA obiously isn't happy as it's a direct challenge to the Champions League, and in my eyes I think it's a big mistake. The World Cup (can) bring the country together as we witnessed this summer, but I don't give a ****e about "English" clubs in the CL, let alone in some other cup competition. Can you see Liverpool fans rooting for Citeh? Or Real Madrid fans cheering on Barcelona?

Can't see it working personally.

i dont know if this new cup will start or not,but if it does and a German team(or teams) are playing,then nearly all of Germany get behind them.
Say if Bayern get there,the most disliked team in Germany.
Because they are German and representing Germany i think 90-95% of Germans will want them (or any German team) to win it.
I dont know what its like elsewhere,but its rare to read-hear Germans not wanting other Germans to win.
Last season.German teams had a very poor Champ league-Europa cup.
The German FA had meetings at the end of the season to ask the league clubs why and how to help them do/get better this season.
It seems to have worked,they are doing well in both competitions...time will tell.
Even Schalke,who have major problems at the bottom of the league may well get out of their group.
English teams,its only about money and that most over rated Prem league.
As the Germans ALWAYS say... football is not just about money and how much you have.If it was,then English teams would have ruled Europe now for the last few decades

Back