• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World Cup 2018

Yes, it's not very inspiring is it.

Talking of un-inspiring, have you heard the dross that is the official song of the 2018 World Cup called "live it Up" featuring Will Smith (american) Nicky Jam (Puerto Rican) & Era Estrafi (Kosovan)..neither are which in the World Cup).

It's just not very "football-ish" if you know what i mean.... & hardly represents Russia culture / music etc...... I think it's just odd & not in keeping with previous World Cups such as the previous official songs in the South Africa & Brazil World Cups.

It's a sounds more like a Reggae / Ibiza club dance floor mix, or some thing you would listen to on Kiss FM.

For those that haven't heard it.......(I hope your ears don't bleed to much).

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/l...e-official-song-of-2018-fifa-world-cup-russia

Also, if you listen to the lyrics, someone needs to tell Will Smith, that we haven't been "waiting for this all year", it's not the bloody Superbowl and in fact the World Cup is every 4 years.

All being said it might grow on me, once they release a video with football clips, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Do you know what, when the World Cup starts to get very near and we're part of it, all of a suden all of my child like excitement surges to the surface. Regardless of all the pundits views, regardless of the cynicism on here I get excited and think this time..........

I'm sitting here waiting for the first pre tournament friendly to kick off and I just get that optimism and excitement bubbling up which will stay with me until we come home again. This time............ Come on England

Really liking this formation, we seem a lot more willing to take risks with the security of an extra man at the back.

Some very good performances so far, Young has been a revelation for me (I don't watch primashite). Dier looks out of sorts.

Dele now subbed.There is no doubt that he is a good player, so with the World cup round the corner and we are playing at home in front of a big partisan crowd, is there really any valid reason for booing the bloke the whole time?

Dele now subbed.There is no doubt that he is a good player, so with the World cup round the corner and we are playing at home in front of a big partisan crowd, is there really any valid reason for booing the bloke the whole time?

It's the Nigeria fans booing him, not the England fans. Dele's dad is Nigerian so the Nigeria fans for some reason think he should be playing for Nigeria as a result, even though he was born in England and his mum is English.

It's the Nigeria fans booing him, not the England fans. Dele's dad is Nigerian so the Nigeria fans for some reason think he should be playing for Nigeria as a result, even though he was born in England and his mum is English.
Thanks. I feel better now knowing that. Noisy buggers weren't they then?

Play like they did in the second half against Nigeria and England will struggle to make the round of 16 in Russia.Play like they did in the first half and they'll be all right.Worryingly Tunisia are ranked higher than the Super Eagles these days.:omg:

Follow this link and it should put all the games in to your calendar for you.

That link is remarkably impressive Uncle Leo. The Twitter poster's document was an emClient one which imported into my emClient email system perfectly.

Play like they did in the second half against Nigeria and England will struggle to make the round of 16 in Russia.Play like they did in the first half and they'll be all right.Worryingly Tunisia are ranked higher than the Super Eagles these days.:omg:

Hate to say it... But TUIB has it nailed on, my opinion is exactly the same.

Just glad it doesn't have a guardian newspaper link attached. :smile:

We looked aggressive & comfortable in the 1st half (at home)...2nd half however we looked clueless and out of our depth, as if we were playing away to a real team that are a contender for the world cup....Sadly Nigeria aren't one of those.

The group matches in Russia will speak volumes on whether we will finish 2nd or not in the group.

Hate to say it... But TUIB has it nailed on, my opinion is exactly the same.

Just glad it have a guardian newspaper link attached. :smile:

We looked aggressive & comfortable in the 1st half (at home)...2nd half however we looked clueless and out of our depth, as if we were playing away to a real team that are a contender for the world cup....Sadly Nigeria aren't one of those.

The group matches in Russia will speak volumes on whether we will finish 2nd or not.

There ya go Matti, fill ya boots

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/02/england-nigeria-match-report

LOL.

I can't bring myself to click on the link... a bit like the horror film "the ring". :smile:

I can see TUIB crawling through my pc screen screaming about Jeremy Corbyn!!

Hoddle had some sensible things to say about how England were playing in the first half and also how the Nigeria formation changed and England didn't counter it; it is a shame Hoddle is still considered too toxic to use by the FA as he could help Southgate with his ideas.

LOL.

I can't bring myself to click on the link... a bit like the horror film "the ring". :smile:

I can see TUIB crawling through my pc screen screaming about Jeremy Corbyn!!

It's actually quite a good report. No Corbyn, no Barna just a report. Of course, I could be lying (in homage to Mark Stevart). Dare you press the link??

Looking back on the players on display last night I would prefer it if Sterling and Ashley Young didn't start. I've never been a big fan of Sterling's so maybe my opinion is a bit biased but I would much rather Rashford or Vardy partnered the Captain in the front line. Sterling isn't consistent enough for me, like a very up market McGlashan, so better as an impact sub. I liked the way that Young got forward last night but he was too slow in recovery for me once players had got past him. Danny Rose, on the other hand, could get up and down. My jury is out on John Stones as well at the moment.

Hoddle had some sensible things to say about how England were playing in the first half and also how the Nigeria formation changed and England didn't counter it; it is a shame Hoddle is still considered too toxic to use by the FA as he could help Southgate with his ideas.
The last time I gave a **** about the national team was under Hoddle - it's all been downhill since then.

It's actually quite a good report. No Corbyn, no Barna just a report. Of course, I could be lying (in homage to Mark Stevart). Dare you press the link??

That's pure evil!!...i'm tempted.... but can't you just copy and paste? or do you want me to click on the link, and suck from the devil's nipple? :smile:

Looking back on the players on display last night I would prefer it if Sterling and Ashley Young didn't start. I've never been a big fan of Sterling's so maybe my opinion is a bit biased but I would much rather Rashford or Vardy partnered the Captain in the front line. Sterling isn't consistent enough for me, like a very up market McGlashan, so better as an impact sub. I liked the way that Young got forward last night but he was too slow in recovery for me once players had got past him. Danny Rose, on the other hand, could get up and down. My jury is out on John Stones as well at the moment.

I think Sterling is an important player (he's one of the first names on the teamsheet for a record breaking premier league side), I'm just not sure if he's being put in the right position. He's right footed but he's being used on the left, I suppose that's so he can cut in and shoot but shooting isn't his strength. I don't see why we don't put him on the right and get him to set up Kane (as he did for the second goal). On the left the defence knows he needs to cut back, so all they have to do is stop that happening and then Sterling will have to use his weaker foot.

Back