• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World Cup Diaries - your 'almost live' blogs

Good grief - never thought I'd hear/see you use a Sun-ism! :stunned:

Me and Canvey backed the Args at 13/2 just before they played Nigeria. :clap:

Yeah sorry.Even got a black mark for a jibe against a gay Lib-Dem millionare recently.Must be old age and the heat catching up with me.;)

Last edited:
Thank you and goodnight ...

So this is it --- the final day and the final hurdle for Spain and The Netherlands. This is a final that promises a great game, but aside from the dramatic denouement of Zizou's extra-time extra-curriculars last time around, I can't remember a genuinely entertaining World Cup Final for many a year. In fact, Italy's defeat of West Germany in '82 ranks as my favourite since the wonderful 1970 spectacle. I'd like the Oranje to win, but I fear the man of the hour will be David Villa. His goal against Honduras was one of the goals of the tournament, though Giovanni's thunderbolt against Uruguay was rather special too. Not quite sure where I'll watch it tonight - maybe a pub near Penzance station where they serve a range of real ales. I'd like to be drinking Oranjeboom though --- hup Holland! One thing's for sure, I certainly won't miss people blowing on those infernal Zuluvulvas, or whatever they're called. Thanks for your contributions to this World Cup Diary - so long for now. :)

So this is it --- the final day and the final hurdle for Spain and The Netherlands. This is a final that promises a great game, but aside from the dramatic denouement of Zizou's extra-time extra-curriculars last time around, I can't remember a genuinely entertaining World Cup Final for many a year. In fact, Italy's defeat of West Germany in '82 ranks as my favourite since the wonderful 1970 spectacle. I'd like the Oranje to win, but I fear the man of the hour will be David Villa. His goal against Honduras was one of the goals of the tournament, though Giovanni's thunderbolt against Uruguay was rather special too. Not quite sure where I'll watch it tonight - maybe a pub near Penzance station where they serve a range of real ales. I'd like to be drinking Oranjeboom though --- hup Holland! One thing's for sure, I certainly won't miss people blowing on those infernal Zuluvulvas, or whatever they're called. Thanks for your contributions to this World Cup Diary - so long for now. :)

Vuvuzelas.Fortunately(for my eardrums) they weren't in widespread use when I went over to SA in 1996 to see The African Nations Finals competition with the WSC boys (and girls).

Last edited:
Vuvuzelas.Fortunately(for my eardrums) they weren't in widespread use when I went over to SA in 1996 to see The African Nations Finals competition with the WSC boys (and girls).

Thanks for that - you may have missed my saucy little neologism. ;)

Back