• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World Cup Quarter Finals

mattitouk

Life President
Three day's without football!!! :Sad::Sorry::Gun::Headbang:

So the Quarter finals seem to see us as 2nd or 3rd favourite's on paper to lift the trophy..... Even before we even kick a ball again!!!!

......But as we all know, this World Cup has been crazy...So who knows!!

Based on FIFA World Ranking's:

Uruguay (14th) V France (7th)

Brazil (2nd) V Belgium (3rd)

----------------------------------

Russia (70th) V Croatia (20th)

Sweden (24th) V England (12th)

---------------------------------

We dodged a bullet in not winning the group. I would rather face Sweden, instead of Brazil.

If you watched the lunchtime game, you will know why!! :Winking:

I still think there are some upsets to come..........For example...............

Uruguay surprising France with a win (within 90 minutes)

Brazil beating Belgium (on penalties)

Russia beating Croatia (on penalties)

England beating Sweden (within 90 minutes).

Last edited:
Uruguay and France up next. Too close to call for me. Having just ploughed through the national anthems of the two teams, the French one is pretty stirring even for non Froggies like me.

Quite a good game that, but a bad day at the office for Uruguay, they just didn't look the same without Cavani in the team, and you could see that they all but threw in the white towel after that second very sloppy goal went in.

I thought France deserved the victory and controlled the game for most of the 2nd half. however i didn't think they lit the world alight, and if i were either Brazil or Belgium, I wouldn't be overly fearful of them.

As a side note, the reaction of Luis Suarez losing his s**t to Mbappe for diving and over reacting his injury, must be one of the ironic moments of this world cup so far.

Last edited:
Brazil V Belgium should be a great game. I think both teams have plenty of goals in them, whilst being a bit shaky at times so far in defence.

Brazil have only lost once in their last 25 games and have kept 19 clean sheets, whilst Belgium are unbeaten in their last 23 matches.
On that kind of form from both teams, this fixture would not look out of place for a World Cup Final.

France fans will be watching hoping that Neymar, Coutinho, De Bruyne and Vertonghen get a yellow as they are all one card away from missing the semi final. IMO a loss of any of those players would hand France a big boost in terms of possibly reaching the final.

Last edited:
What a first half!!

De Bruyne's goal was superb.

It could have been 3-2 to Brazil, but to be fair Belgium were fantastic, ironically they were playing like the Brazil we all remember from yester-year.

Looking forward to the second half.

So now Brazil out, and England are through to the all European final six.

Out

Saudi Arabia
Egypt
Iran
Morocco
Peru
Australia
Nigeria
Iceland
Serbia
Costa Rica
South Korea
Germany
Tunisia
Panama
Senegal
Poland
Argentina
Portugal
Spain
Denmark
Mexico
Japan
Switzerland
Columbia
Uruguay
Brazil

Still in

France
Belgium
Russia
Croatia
Sweden
England

So obviously, it will be now 20 years until the World Cup leaves Europe.

Great game.

Wasn't Brazil's day, they could have, should won, but as the game progressed, you just knew that was never going to happen.

Belgium, went to pieces defensively in the 2nd half (especially once it went 2-1) and i thought it was going to go to extra time in the last 15 minutes. But for all the lack of possession and poor passing, they held on for the victory and their counter attacking was first class throughout the 90 minutes.

Another great game, Belgium look the best of the rest to me. Could be Belgium v England final.

Obviously the England V Sweden match is on another thread....But who do you fancy from the Russia V Croatia match in the evening?

I think Croatia will sneak it on penalties, but I'm kinda rooting for Russia, as i think it keeps the atmosphere when a home nation is still in it... remember Euro 96?...(well at least until the semi final..than it's just bias).

Back