• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ozzie

Manager
dont know who saw our u-17 play today,but we beat Chile 4-0.
Watched it on German Eurosport.Even the German commentator said "we are good". Us and (so far) France are the teams to watch.He really enjoyed watching us play,so did i.
Its far,far better than watching our "first" team,just hope they start giving our young lads a chance playing,but i doubt it.
We now play wednesday,Mexico, then saturday Iraq
Come on ENGLAND:happy:

I know I’ve said it before on here but England’s 00/01 age group is one of, if not the, best in the world. The key challenge is getting as many of them as much football as possible prior to 2022.

Really enjoyable watch, much more so than anything the senior team has produced recently. Impressed with Jadon Sancho, he looks a right player. Will have to follow his progression closely at Dortmund. Angel Gomes looks promising as well.. two players who could break in to the England senior team soon enough if the likes of Harry Winks and Aaron Cresswell are deemed good enough.

After,again ,watching the "full" England team,with Southgate!!!nothing
Lets hope English football gives "OUr kids" a chance...they wont..unlike where i live here in Germany..or even france,Spain etc

U17's play Mexico next on Wednesday then Irag on Saturday.

Meantime, England U21's progress well in their Euros campaign and currently lead their Qualifying group.....whilst the U20's smashed Italy 5-1 away last week in the Euro Elite League, in the wonderfully named town of Gorgonzola. Next up for them
are the Czech Republic tomorrow night.

Its a shame we cannot see most of these games on British FREE tv,like here in Germany.
You can watch a lot of German youth teams,like the German club youth teams in the Youth Champ league,on German eurosport or Sport 1.
Would be good if we could do that as well.
Not sure,but the u-21s are playing away today,Andorra???Dont think its even being shown on pay tv.
IT a real shame,as our YOUTH football..maybe??..just maybe we have some future.But it is,at the moment very enjoyable to watch.

Yep, U21's in Andorra today in Group 4, k/o 17.00. Agree, we could do with more air time for our youth teams at country and
club level.

+++

Finished with a 1-0 win, maybe a tougher game than expected, and we top the group.

Last edited:
I think our team,like myself,thought 3-0.ok .over.!!
But we held on.good win.

I watch most of the Germany v Iran (0-4)game.Still off ill,so nothing else to do....but the best was the German commentator,nearly crying.loved it.They won the 1st game with a last minute goal against Costa Rica!!
Also saw ,live on tv.Bayern woman v Chelsea woman(last 15 minutes)....again he commentator..totally gutted...LUV IT

haha, what a shame....makes a (welcome) change to have the Germans flop.

Couple of cracking goals from our lads v Mexico plus a very composed penalty too, great stuff!

Great win too by the Chelsea gels, hopefully Man City will also progress after 2nd leg tonight.

I worked from home so I could watch the game vs Mexico, thought it was a very spirited display but also one full of talent, skill and awareness.

Great to see an England team want the ball under pressure and be able to take a decent touch, lay it off/dribble past people and create space by moving off the ball, all very encouraging. Honourable mentions to Jadon Sancho and Phil Foden who look exceptional prospects :happy: :happy:

Very impressive again today...4-0,could-should have been 10.
Our new keeper,made a few mistakes...needs an arm around him,you could see he confidence was "shot".
A very poor penalty,from our " Dortmunder",but the Germans said ,that should be his last game,they agreed after those 3 games,he must go back to Dortmund!!!
England top ..V Japan
Iraq 2nd V Mali !!

We should in theory comfortably beat Japan and progress to the quarter finals, where we will face Paraguay or USA. After that it gets a lot tougher, as our opponents could well be Brazil or Germany.

What a goal fest we had yesterday with Germany winning 4-0 & the USA winning 5-0 (so should we beat Japan later this afternoon, we will face the USA in the quarter finals).

Today's action so far see's Spain knocking France out of the competition with a late penalty to win 2-1. They now go on to face Iran in the World Cup Quarter finals (now there's' a phrase I never expected to say... although, Iran are a decent side by all accounts according to the Tv pundits).

Cannot se the game,supposed to be on German Eurosport live,instead.bloody snooker.
I know its 0-0 at HT...
Have tried to get it on sports devil..but nowt

Ozzie....

0-0 at full time.

Edit: England win 5-3 on penalties in a world cup (you don't hear that often)

Our Goalkeeper (Anderson), saves a penalty, then walks out of the goal to take the next one and smashes it in the back of the net!...Brilliant.

Big Warning though, we were well off our game today, and could have easily lost in the 2nd half, Japan had the better of the chances. We had a few but it was liking watching Southend Utd or the senior England national squad. The team for some reason wanted to pass it to each other over the goal line.

Big improvement needed against the USA in 4 days, otherwise we will get spanked.

I had to read it live on the Mail paper site!!
Well at least we won,
See the Germans have 2 extra days off ,lucky,again..
The Dortmunder ,played for there youth team today,so ive been told,missed an open goal
and been "slagged off" again by the Germans asnot good enough.

As a side note, does anyone else think that the fixture layout is pretty bad?

For Example, Germany played at noon yesterday (on Monday), and Brasil plays at 3.30pm tomorrow (on Wednesday). Obviously meaning one team (in this case Germany) has over more than two and a half days extra rest than Brazil ahead of the quarter final show down.

Personally, it seems really unfair to me. An advantage of an extra 2 and a half days rest & recovery can make a big difference on the game.

Back