• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Worried of Southend...........SEASON CARDS

watchtheballboys

Youth Team
There comes a time and I think it is rapidly approaching if not already here when a persons position within any organisation may become untenable. Bringing an organisation into disrepute by what is said or by action that is not in the best ineterests of the company would and should in most cases result in either resignation or dismissal of the individual.

I firmly believe Ron Martin is now at that point in his relationship with SUFC and certainly the fans!

Whatever the truth is about his financial dealings and if they involve anything dubious in regard to SUFC then they should be investigated by the necessary authorities, whatever the situation is with his personal life I have not spoken to anyone lately that has a good word to say for him.

I look at the OS on a daily basis and to see that we have 10 players listed, of those three or four want out or it is not clear if they have signed new contracts, there have been no 'rumours' unlike other clubs as to who we are looking to sign and the continuing what can only be described as atrocious management of the financial side of the club has resulted in SUFC becoming a laughing stock within the game. We are very unlikely to sign new players as we simply don't pay wages on time, what security can a player hope to have coming to us?

Macca and Adam going for nothing probably shows the sort of mess we are in, both players would have demanded a transfer fee yet we let them go. How long before Mildy, Francis, Moussa and any number of other players take the same route out of the club?

I have given my bank details to SUFC for my season cards for next season, you would not give your bank details or credit card information to anyone you did not know or trust so I am now wondering if I have done the right thing in giving my details to the club if, as it appears, one man controls where the money goes......Ron Martin.

Sorry Ron it is time to go as I feel we cannot continue with someone that the fans of SUFC have little or no confidence in..............

My view........

I fear a lot of people will be losing the season card money if the club go south.

I am fortunate enough to be paying DD so can cancel if need be.

Anyone paying by DD can cancel if needs be. Anyone who paid by Visa or MasterCard can raise a chargeback if the Club isn't able to fulfill it's fixtures.

Anyone who paid by cash, cheque or Maestro would lose their money although I'd think that that would be towards the bottom of people's lists of concerns about the death of our football club.

There comes a time and I think it is rapidly approaching if not already here when a persons position within any organisation may become untenable. Bringing an organisation into disrepute by what is said or by action that is not in the best ineterests of the company would and should in most cases result in either resignation or dismissal of the individual.

I firmly believe Ron Martin is now at that point in his relationship with SUFC and certainly the fans!

Whatever the truth is about his financial dealings and if they involve anything dubious in regard to SUFC then they should be investigated by the necessary authorities, whatever the situation is with his personal life I have not spoken to anyone lately that has a good word to say for him.

I look at the OS on a daily basis and to see that we have 10 players listed, of those three or four want out or it is not clear if they have signed new contracts, there have been no 'rumours' unlike other clubs as to who we are looking to sign and the continuing what can only be described as atrocious management of the financial side of the club has resulted in SUFC becoming a laughing stock within the game. We are very unlikely to sign new players as we simply don't pay wages on time, what security can a player hope to have coming to us?

Macca and Adam going for nothing probably shows the sort of mess we are in, both players would have demanded a transfer fee yet we let them go. How long before Mildy, Francis, Moussa and any number of other players take the same route out of the club?

I have given my bank details to SUFC for my season cards for next season, you would not give your bank details or credit card information to anyone you did not know or trust so I am now wondering if I have done the right thing in giving my details to the club if, as it appears, one man controls where the money goes......Ron Martin.

Sorry Ron it is time to go as I feel we cannot continue with someone that the fans of SUFC have little or no confidence in..............

My view........

If you're an employee or a civil servant your position can be untenable.

When you own the thing you answer to no-one really. Unless he is a willing seller, he can't be ousted and certainly won't step down.

My view........

Good post. That is many peoples opinion, I don't think Ron will be here for much longer, not in full control anyway. Someone will come in and create a partnership, or someone will take over the running of the club while Ronald will be in the wings with his planning permission. I personally think that Ron would have been so much better in GK's role. Who knows though?

Ron won't be here for much longer, how can he actually be forced out though? A thing that could happen is that Ron Martin is bankrupted, I assume that the Trust may be looking at ways that is possible. I have read a few posts that explain briefly that because he owes them 60K still, it is possible for them to make that happen. I may be wrong though!

S.O.S!

Although it is a far smaller sum of money........what's our situation with Blues World? IIRC they take money each season......can't remember if it's on a DD ...........perhaps it's time I should check that out?

Administration is probably the only way, but who would want to take over with all our debt most of which is owed to Ron Martin?

Surely Ron, unless totally thick skinned, devious and dismissive of anyone other than his cronies would realise it is time to go......

As I read that back I realise I have just described the man to a tee!

Although it is a far smaller sum of money........what's our situation with Blues World? IIRC they take money each season......can't remember if it's on a DD ...........perhaps it's time I should check that out?

Blues world is run by a seperate company so the moeny is not going direct to SUFC

I have looked through most of the squads we will be competing with in division two next season and they all seem to have the ability to put out a full team with potential new signings on their way.....we have ten players. By the time we kick off possibly three or four less than that number.....

Ron.....what have you done to us?

Back