• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Workington 7.0 in the late sixties. I couldn't believe how big slow and useless their back four were and no supprise they went out of the league. I think little Billy Best might have been playing and run rings around them. In those days if an oposition were poor we would go for the jugular and would keep the same presure up all game. Nowadays its get your noises in front and consolidate.

It's nice to get a mention on our message board now and again isn't it?
Your achievement for the season is appearing on Southend United's list of all time worst teams to EVER feature at Roots Hall.
:smile:

We are deeply honoured OBD but given your financial state at present the plaudits must go to P Sturrock who has achieved a lot so far this season with very little resources:thumbsup:

Workington 7.0 in the late sixties. I couldn't believe how big slow and useless their back four were and no supprise they went out of the league. I think little Billy Best might have been playing and run rings around them. In those days if an oposition were poor we would go for the jugular and would keep the same presure up all game. Nowadays its get your noises in front and consolidate.

Spot on SB I feel sorry for young fans today they don't see the football we took for granted back then, teams wanted to win in those days rather than just avoid losing!

I remember Hartlepool rolling up in the late 80s with kit made in the 60s that had a variety of sock colours; and a centre forward sporting a beer gut. They were more skint than we are now and we drilled 'em 3-0 with plenty to spare.

Spot on SB I feel sorry for young fans today they don't see the football we took for granted back then, teams wanted to win in those days rather than just avoid losing!

Blimey, I need to go and lie down in a darkened room, I agree with both of your last two posts.

I might have to start looking at you in a whole new light and start thinking of you as a sentient being! :stunned:

Blimey, I need to go and lie down in a darkened room, I agree with both of your last two posts.

I might have to start looking at you in a whole new light and start thinking of you as a sentient being! :stunned:

I know exactly how you feel Cockle .. despite much prodding and baiting C&p always comes across as a bearable enough chap, eurgh i'm going to have to go and scrub my (unwebbed 10) fingers with bleach for typing such a sentence :blush:

I know exactly how you feel Cockle .. despite much prodding and baiting C&p always comes across as a bearable enough chap, eurgh i'm going to have to go and scrub my (unwebbed 10) fingers with bleach for typing such a sentence :blush:
Vaseline is best for the webs :cool:

On the flip side the best game ive ever seen at the hall was the friday night facup game v Northampton Richard Cadette scoring goals in a superb end to end 4-4 i used to love our friday night games and watching the highlights on saint and grevsie on a saturday lunchtime.

now we are talking - that was one hell of a game

The Workington game I believe was Eddie Claytons debut for the Club or at the very least his home debut. The poorest team to visit the Hall in recent years must surely be the Oxford United side who we played in the FA Cup 1st Round replay possibly 4 or 5 years ago. If we had taken even a 3rd of our chances a 10 - 0 scoreline would not have flattered us.

I remember Hartlepool rolling up in the late 80s with kit made in the 60s that had a variety of sock colours; and a centre forward sporting a beer gut. They were more skint than we are now and we drilled 'em 3-0 with plenty to spare.

I can't remember much about that game but one thing I do remember is Mario Walsh scored one of the goals. So yes Hartlepool must have been bad! Mind you I think he scored 4 or 5 goals for us in not many matches maybe he wasn't as bad as I thought. Maybe it's because he joined us from Colchester.

Back