• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Whilst the result didnt really show how bad Barnet were last night I cant help but think the bulk of people that went will feel they are absolute ****. The only player that looked like he could kick a ball was Deering the gobby midgit and even he wasnt good. The black right back that got subbed just after half time must be one of the worst players to ever appear in pro football based solely on that performance.

On the way home I was trying to think of the worst side to come to Roots Hall.

Barnet last night must be right up there but I recall spanking Halifax about 7/8 years ago under Webby 4-1 and they were woeful.

I was so bad I think the scorers that day were Pony Richards and Leon Johnson.

Can anyone else recall some really woeful sides to have play at the Hall over the years.

Whilst the result didnt really show how bad Barnet were last night I cant help but think the bulk of people that went will feel they are absolute ****. The only player that looked like he could kick a ball was Deering the gobby midgit and even he wasnt good. The black right back that got subbed just after half time must be one of the worst players to ever appear in pro football based solely on that performance.

On the way home I was trying to think of the worst side to come to Roots Hall.

Barnet last night must be right up there but I recall spanking Halifax about 7/8 years ago under Webby 4-1 and they were woeful.

I was so bad I think the scorers that day were Pony Richards and Leon Johnson.

Can anyone else recall some really woeful sides to have play at the Hall over the years.

Southend United FC on more than a few occasions..

I thought second half Barnet was not that bad and with a it of luck could of won 3-2!!!
However stockport at home we drew 0-0 I think it was 86 awful game but the worst team ever to visit roots hall and we could not beat them.
Also Boston at home lost 2-0 to them but again they were awful!!!

My old man and I commented on this point several times last night! How can a team that boast McLeod and Kabba up front be so awfully rubbish!?

We concluded that the team were undermotivated, unfit and had a poor midfield\defence (hence Kabba\McLeod being ineffective).

We were worse than them in the second half though! Without Coughlan and Barker, we could have been in trouble!

Has everyone forgot about Macclesfield the other week. I'd put them on about par with Barnet. V poor

Between the penalty areas, I didn't think Barnet were that bad, but they were just woefully lacking in decisive defending at the back, and incisive passing at the front.

Barnet were woeful in the first half, closed down better in second and probably edged it. They scored one and hit the woodwork twice so could have won it. Just to go to show when you are on top, go for the jugular, 2-0 at half time didnt reflect our superiority.

My old man and I commented on this point several times last night! How can a team that boast McLeod and Kabba up front be so awfully rubbish!?

We concluded that the team were undermotivated, unfit and had a poor midfield\defence (hence Kabba\McLeod being ineffective).

We were worse than them in the second half though! Without Coughlan and Barker, we could have been in trouble!

McLeod and Kabba are both failed SUFC triallists. Looks like we got those calls right.

Between the penalty areas, I didn't think Barnet were that bad, but they were just woefully lacking in decisive defending at the back, and incisive passing at the front.

They also seemed to lack a midfield, at least off the ball.

But Barnet was not poor going forward last night in the second half

It took them until the 89th minute to have a shot on target against a team taking it easy.

Because neither Kabba nor McLeod really looked bothered. We said the same thing about McLeod away there the other week, head drops far too easily. I said in the pre-match thread that their defence was awful, it was there to be fully exploited last night and we should have done better. I did, in all honesty, think that Macclesfield were a worse team though.

Badger74 i was at that Stockport game and i agree it was the worst game ive ever seen at the hall in my 30 yrs.
Have to agree with others we have seen some poor sides come here this season i think the div 4 footy thats on offer this season is not up to the standard we used to see many years ago. Say in the 80s.
Even in our Bobby Moore season of struggle we still had good wingers if i can remember think his name was Allen rogers??? and a michael robinson??
On the flip side the best game ive ever seen at the hall was the friday night facup game v Northampton Richard Cadette scoring goals in a superb end to end 4-4 i used to love our friday night games and watching the highlights on saint and grevsie on a saturday lunchtime.

Performance wise.....

Orient last season? Never have I seen a team look so clueless. Blues could have put 7 past them, but had to settle for 3, courtesy of Barny

Equally, Carlisle 2(?) seasons ago, where we beat them 3-0 was another where we completely bossed the game and Carlisle could have played all day and night and not got anywhere near scoring

I remember Cambridge being particularly bad in the 04/05 season... As I pointed out in another thread, they were so bad that they loaned Tesfaye. Cheltenham were fairly awful that year, too.

I also remember Boston at home where Leon Cort scored a hattrick of headers, but could have had 4 or 5. Never have I seen a team so frail at set pieces, except us maybe :)

Aldershot when we beat them 10-1.

Who was it who we beat with Bramble in goal? I think it was Boston. Anyone who couldn't get passed 10 men and Bramble in goal has to be pretty poor!

Back