• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Does anyone remember the SUFC branded mountain bikes (Universal I believe) that used to be on sale in the club shop.

Did anyone buy one and if so did your son/daughter start crying when they received it as a Christmas/birthday gift?

Last edited:
Does anyone remember the SUFC branded mountain bikes (Universal I believe) that used to be on sale in the club shop.

Did anyone buy one and if so did your son/daughter start crying when they received it as a Christmas/birthday gift?

those universal bikes are one of the worse cheapest bikes around that you will be lucky to get a year out of them, i should know as i used to work their for some 8 years, they also used to do chelsea, man utd, celtic, rangers and quite a few others and they used to weigh a tonne, think they used to cost around £40 to make abroad and they used to start at around £150 when they 1st came out, a right rip off, i would feel sorry for any child with one of those bikes as it could do a serious injury if it landed on top of you.

Not strictly from the club shop, but I've never understood those 'half & half' scarves sold at little club vs big club events... Yes, we're playing big opposition for a change and it's a great day out for all involved, but if I'm going to spend £8 on a scarf, I don't want some United/Chelski/Yid badge and colour scheme sprawled over half of it.

More or less, they're sold by chancers and look cheap and tacky.

Were the at the shop ESB? I thought they were sold outside the ground?

Were the at the shop ESB? I thought they were sold outside the ground?

Not strictly from the club shop, but I've never understood those 'half & half' scarves sold at little club vs big club events... Yes, we're playing big opposition for a change and it's a great day out for all involved, but if I'm going to spend £8 on a scarf, I don't want some United/Chelski/Yid badge and colour scheme sprawled over half of it.

More or less, they're sold by chancers and look cheap and tacky.

:whistling:

I can understand selling them after the event... after all, I like nothing more than to constantly remind my United supporting mate that our 100% record over their sorry shambles remains intact.

Don't know about worst but I still drink tea and coffee from my Tes Bramble and Kevin Maher mugs circa 2004. The 'mug of Maher' used to bring us a lot of luck in our double promotion seasons, believe me. The luck wore off a little after we sold Freddy Eastwood though... Strange.

We've got a PSV/Liverpool one in the Corporal's Mess, as part of a wall of mainly framed football shirts (tragically, there is a tesco carrier bag on the wall, and I've been warned against desecrating it). Thoese scarves though are good for the neutral, but actual fans of the team involved will invariably think they are a waste.

P.S. The worst thing I ever got from the Club Shop wasn't sold there...

The people who are sitting on the chairs, who operate the ticket sales and who organise the whole way that club shop functions....they are the worst items in the club shop!

:whistling:
:net:

We've got a PSV/Liverpool one in the Corporal's Mess, as part of a wall of mainly framed football shirts (tragically, there is a tesco carrier bag on the wall, and I've been warned against desecrating it). Thoese scarves though are good for the neutral, but actual fans of the team involved will invariably think they are a waste.

Oooo Bitchy....but funny.

But am sure if it was we would of all brought it ;)

I wont buy anything from the club until the two clowns who work there either die or leave

My all-time favourite item from the club shop was the car-tax disc holder, with Southend United and the badge on, which proclaimed "tax applied for". This always tickled my fancy, as at the time* the club hadn't paid it's tax either.

*Whilst many may believe that everything in the garden of SUFC was rosy before the evil Ron Martin took over and ran it into the ground, paying our tax late is a practice the club has indulged in since before Ron's time.

I bought some Sufc christmas cards once from the club shop. Kevin Maher was foremost. Very tacky, and an excellent send to my premier supporting mates.

The current rubber duck is a bit crap.

I'm buying a shed load of them and giving them all to my mates as novelty Christmas present. They'll think i'm mad when i ask for 20 of them. Just had a browse on the website. When did we start doing toothbrushes? Are they guaranteed by the British Society of Dental Hygiene & Therapy?? lol

Toothbrushes must of gone on today, didn't see them the other day. It is all about Rubber Ducks though!

Back