• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimp and two veg

Youth Team
For me.. Hull City 4 SUFC 0 2007.
Dean Windass sticking a hatrick past Daryl Flavs and i'm damn sure we never had one shot on target all game. Think i read something about Sodge in the hotel up to something the night before ? But the worst display i can remember. Going down from the Championship, sinking ship, horrid norfern town and Windyarse showing off. Worst drive home ever.

Grimsby in 2005. A day when everything just went wrong from the minute the coach broke down. Don't think that will ever be beaten for my worst away match - hope not anyway!

Grimsby in 2005. A day when everything just went wrong from the minute the coach broke down. Don't think that will ever be beaten for my worst away match - hope not anyway!
yep I was on that coach, jumped in a taxi in the end just to try and get to the game in time, had the worse view ever as well:sad:

Scarborough away in the cup. It seemed unseasonably mild on the way up (a Tuesday evening). The temperature rapidly plunged, I bought a fleece at the services. Half time 0-0. Pasty was all pastry and no filling, tea horrible, lost 1-0, the PA bloke must have said "Well done, Scarborough!" at least 30 times at the end. Only a home tie to Chelsea next round anyway. Got home 03:30 and in work 0600 same morning. "Did you go?". Hmph.

Can 'worst' equate to most disappointing? If so, Yeovil away 1963, FA Cup - back then, a non-league side beating a third tier side was rare. It was a long way, and nothing to show for it.
Ditto: Aylesbury, and who in God's name would go to Carlisle on a 1998 January day for a 5-0 caning? My hand is raised reluctantly.

I've been watching us away for 20 seasons now usually about 3-4 games per season in the Yorkshire / Lincs area and luckily have yet to see a really bad defeat - however our performance at Chesterfield a couple of seasons ago was very poor - we lost 3-0 and barely mustered a shot on target all game. At the time were were mid to upper table and Chezzy were about 4 from the bottom so on paper we would should at least have been expecting a draw.

It started badly when a lively Lee Novak rounded Bentley early on to score, didn't get any better when we were 0-2 down at half time and by the time a third was added a short range header about halfway through the 2nd half I was thinking blimey we are bad tonight.

I remember the Gillingham game we'll, two weeks later I went to Notts county and we lost 6-2, then a week or so later we lost 4-1 at Port Vale on a Monday night. My only other away game that season was a long trip to Sunderland and another hiding 7-0 ��. I think I might've been a bit of a jinx that season.

When I lived in Exeter I went to a few games away with them. Went to Doncaster ( the old Racecourse Ground) got soaked and beat, one of the chaps got himself nicked so had to wait for him then when we stopped on the way back we took a kicking off a load of Leicester. I ended up with a split head and another still hasn't found his nose, that went everywhere. One to forget.

Couldnt say the absolute worst as my memory is awful, but I recall Oxford away in the mid 90s (EDIT: Looked it up, 24/8/96) Think we lost 5-0 and had to stand on open terracing whilst it absolutely hammered down all game.

Also weather related, an away trip to MK Dons under Tilly I think when they were in the hockey stadium. Temporary seated open stand and it was absolutely BITTER and was an awful game. We probably lost, but my eyes froze over so I didnt see the finish.

When I lived in Exeter I went to a few games away with them. Went to Doncaster ( the old Racecourse Ground) got soaked and beat, one of the chaps got himself nicked so had to wait for him then when we stopped on the way back we took a kicking off a load of Leicester. I ended up with a split head and another still hasn't found his nose, that went everywhere. One to forget.

Your Exeter comment prompted me to recall a trip on Boxing Day under the Alvin Martin era to Plainmoor to see us get beaten 0-2 by the not so mighty Torquay. My wife is from Newton Abbot, very nearby so I dragged her and the brother in law and his mate, who was a Torquy fan, to the game. We were down for Christmas anyway so it seemed I'd get to see the Blues and hopefully an away win as on paper Torquay were even worse than we were at the time.

On the way to the ground a local said You'll win today we are rubbish - but no a boggy pitch and largely devoid of any ideas we lost 0-2 - the Wife has never come to a football match with me again!

To add insult to injury the away end in those days at Plainmoor was uncovered but then in the 2nd half it started raining so we made out way into the main stand and sat on one side whilst the always vocal good folk of Devon sat on the other side of it.

We were right behind poor old Alvin Martin and he was getting soem right stick off our fans, I actually felt for him and I think he resigned or was sacked can't recall now not too long after that!

Couldnt say the absolute worst as my memory is awful, but I recall Oxford away in the mid 90s (EDIT: Looked it up, 24/8/96) Think we lost 5-0 and had to stand on open terracing whilst it absolutely hammered down all game.

This is the one that sticks in my mind. I couldn’t get a cab after the game so had to make the 3 mile walk back to the station in the pouring rain..... it was only the second game of the season but set the tone for a relegation year

Carlisle away in the early nineties - can't remember the score (something 0!!) - still not sure why I went :smile:

Cor, loads....

the 0-5 at Carlisle stands out as a particularly bad day. As does Aylesbury A. Fortunately I missed the Scarborough debacle.

However, I have to be honest I've seen bad teams play badly, I've seem some players have absolute mares, but I've never seen an entire team simply not bother and not care until I went to Bristol Rovers this season.

Also weather related, an away trip to MK Dons under Tilly I think when they were in the hockey stadium. Temporary seated open stand and it was absolutely BITTER and was an awful game. We probably lost, but my eyes froze over so I didnt see the finish.

That was my shout. However, I don't remember it raining at all. In fact, I seem to remember sunshine and I went straight to work afterwards which, if it had been raining, I wouldn't have been able to do.

I do remember the fans trying to scale the fences that were still in place, trying to get to the players whilst singing "You're not fit to wear the shirt".

Embarrassing performance.

Back