• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barry Corr against Morecambe this season.Drewe against Scunthorpe in the FA Cup(his misses cost us a game against Chelsea).Paul Clark in that 8-0 League Cup defeat against Palace.John Mckinven away at Wolvesin 68/9-his misses cost us a well deserved replay.Just a few of the worst performances that come to mind over the years.

Barry Corr against Morecambe this season.Drewe against Scunthorpe in the FA Cup(his misses cost us a game against Chelsea).Paul Clark in that 8-0 League Cup defeat against Palace.John Mckinven away at Wolvesin 68/9-his misses cost us a well deserved replay.Just a few of the worst performances that come to mind over the years.

:hilarious:

When I said responsible for goals, I meant goals conceded not scored.

Mark Rawle - home to Carlisle (0-1) tuesday night first home game of season about 8/10 years ago.
Also Neville Southall away at Reading around 97ish..in a bizarre freak of nature Jeroen Boere kept scoring at one end and big Nev kept chucking them in at the other. I also seem to recall him playing for time towards the end when we were 3-2 down.

There's a noticeable lack of midfielders being put forward. plenty of options in goal, defence fine and a number of strikers put forward, but lack of midfielders. Reckon you have to be really shyte to be classed as "awful" in midfield.

Roy Mc Donough or Mario Walsh in all games in late 80s... both laughable

can't recall the opposition i'm afraid, but there was one game (i think during the Alvin Era?) when David Morley was abysmal even by his standards. Even Howard Southwood was moved to describe it as 'an X-rated horror show' in his match ratings.

I witnessed an absolute shocker from Dave away at Chester City once. Pretty sure he was subbed quite early on.

Barry Silkman away vs Exeter on a friday night in the 80's. On a complete Somme of a pitch our Barry still had his kit in pristine condition at the final whistle.. we lost..

Don't recall playing Scunthorpe in the FA Cup during Drewe's spell here...Was he worse in that game or the cup tie with Scarborough where the winner went on to play Chelsea...?

I cannot for the life of me remember which game in particular I'm thinking of, but I have "fond" memories of Dominic Iorfa being utter gash for us

I could cite 477 other instances of Barrett howlers resulting in a goal.

Go on then.

As for midfield- Dean Holness, and any Stuart Thurgood game. Leon Johnson must have had a stinker or two. Steven Clark definitely did..

Phil gridelet didn't have the best of games during a 5-0 spanking at the manor ground Oxford, i remember he getting loads of stick that day and turning to the southend fans ( who were stood in the ****ing rain on an open terrace ) and telling us to f off !!!!

Also seem to remember big Neville Southall having a stinker at Northampton as we went down 3-0 or 3-1 to the mighty cobblers

I hated several other players just for having the cheek to claim to be proffesional footballers, i don't think Gordon Connelly, Neville Roach, Neil Campbell, Barry Conlon were on many blues fans christmas card lists.

I can't believe this thread.

Four pages and not a mention of any of Keith 'Dobbin' Dublin's fine performances.

I cannot for the life of me remember which game in particular I'm thinking of, but I have "fond" memories of Dominic Iorfa being utter gash for us
Ah, 'the Lion of Lagos'... Thanks for reminding me - he was poo.

Does this count?

Tony Currie...about to make his debut..and twisted his ankle running on the pitch for the warm up!! Doh!

Back