• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
With far too much positivity on the board following the signing of Lee Sawyer, I thought it about time I lowered the mood with a depressing thread, so inspired by mention of Che Wilson's LDV final appearance I want the definitive XI of worst ever performances. They don't have to be bad players (although many will be) but they have to be stand out bad performances.

In at left-back is Che, but not for his Blackpool horror show but away at Sheff Wed when he was even worse.

Up front Drewe Broughton gets one of the spots for his game against Bristol Rovers, including the missed penalty. As he stepped up to take it, everyone knew he was going to miss and he lived up to expectations by tamely rolling it 10 yards wide.

I remember Joe Allon famously being subbed - was it before half-time or was it just as a sub being subbed so bad he was? He'll be on the bench or up front as applicable.

George Parris at the Bescot Stadium and Mohsni v Morecambe are also being considered.

Graeme Jones , Rushden away he nicked the ball off tes (?) to take a penalty then missed and it was down hill from there

Prudhoe Barnet away subbed at HT after a mare

Dom Foley away at Macclesfield was pretty hard to watch. Leon Clarke away at Doncaster wasn't too great either.

Peter Clarke v Cardiff in the televised 0-3 match in the CCC
Gordon Connelly at any time except in the second half v Brighton when he somehow morphed into Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Maradona and Pele all at once

Yorkshire Blue said:
I remember Joe Allon famously being subbed - was it before half-time or was it just as a sub being subbed so bad he was? He'll be on the bench or up front as applicable.
Subbed after about 35 mins. He started the game, but only ventured in the oppos penalty once in that time.

Betsy got subbed at h/t during Tilly's reign. Can't remember who against, but he was absolutley dire.

With far too much positivity on the board following the signing of Lee Sawyer, I thought it about time I lowered the mood with a depressing thread, so inspired by mention of Che Wilson's LDV final appearance I want the definitive XI of worst ever performances. They don't have to be bad players (although many will be) but they have to be stand out bad performances.

In at left-back is Che, but not for his Blackpool horror show but away at Sheff Wed when he was even worse.

Up front Drewe Broughton gets one of the spots for his game against Bristol Rovers, including the missed penalty. As he stepped up to take it, everyone knew he was going to miss and he lived up to expectations by tamely rolling it 10 yards wide.

George Parris at the Bescot Stadium and Mohsni v Morecambe are also being considered.

Oh dear what a let down that Blackpool game was - full of anticipation and then we concede after 30sec, which was offside and we just went belly-up. From what I remember tho, didnt Gower have 'a bad back' and gave poor Che absolutely no cover, leading to his being roasted time and again with 2 players playing round him?

Mark Prudhoe (GK) , away from home against Barnet, absolutely awful, subbed off at half time for the one and only Mel Capleton !

EDIT - Just saw somebody else mentioned this!

Mark Prudhoe (GK) , away from home against Barnet, absolutely awful, subbed off at half time for the one and only Mel Capleton!

Yes and that came hot on the heels of another Prudhoe horror show the previous week at home to Rotherham where he let in a ridiculous header from Fortune-West. Me and Stats were behind the goal at Barnet and while warming up Prudhoe turned to us and said "it's OK lads, no howlers this week!" He then produced another shocking display of goalkeeping and was subbed at half time for the magnificent Mel Capleton.....never to be seen again IIRC! :smile:

Re Gordon Connelly I have no idea where that 45 minutes of footballing genius came from in the 2nd half against Brighton, but it still brings a tear to my eye. Shame he was utter gash the rest of the time......

Yes and that came hot on the heels of another Prudhoe horror show the previous week at home to Rotherham where he let in a ridiculous header from Fortune-West. Me and Stats were behind the goal at Barnet and while warming up Prudhoe turned to us and said "it's OK lads, no howlers this week!" He then produced another shocking display of goalkeeping and was subbed at half time for the magnificent Mel Capleton.....never to be seen again IIRC! :smile:

Has to be this in joint 1st place with Joe Allen. If I remember correctly Joe allen also had a mare after being brought on as sub away to Southampton the week before. This after running up and down the touchline waving to us fans in a 'Big I am' fashion.
Dominic Iorfa was also awful but at least he was so bad that he made the fans laugh out loud!

Back