• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Haven't done this for a while and I'm not sure if ever in this format, so here goes by way of a slight change to recent postings!

I'm going to start various polls, one for each position in a 4-4-2 formation to see if we can arrive at a definitive "Worst Ever XI".

I'm not sure we can count players who only played a couple of times or loanees, but using your feelings towards purely a footballing ability decision rather than a player you just think is an idiot, let's have nominations for the worst ever keeper.

So criteria - must have played 10 games, must have been our player and not a loanee.

After I get 5 good nominations, we'll run a poll, then go onto full backs, centre backs etc and all the way through to strikers.

I'll make the first nomination - Graham Horn. Played 11 times between 1977-80. I remember him being a bit rubbish.

Next?

Mel Capleton.
He played 44 times in the 1999-2000 Season, and helped us finish 16th in Division 3. Horrendous keeper in a very poor team, under Alan Little.

It's got to be Mark Prudhoe fat and useless!

Prudhoe only played 6 times or I would have had him!

So far then -

Horn
Capleton
Steele
Margetson

Perhaps I'll make it 10 nominations... there are a few others I can think of who are certainly very worthy!

Rhys Evans was talked up like he was decent but whenever I saw him he was pretty cack.

Brian Lloyd , worst ever .

Brian Lloyd for me too.

Prudhoe, Steele and White are up there but they played less games. Oh and that lad who went to Brighton and played for a few other teams - he was cack but played less games for us.

Wignall's relative was terrible but to be fair he was one of the main reasons Wignall was sacked so he wasn't all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back