• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst injury sustained while wathcing Southend.

DTS

The Business
Come on lads....Sure we have all either drunk too much or over celebrated a goal like it was the world cup finals and done yourself an injury.

I think my worst one personally was after Rushen away a few years ago. I had been drinking like every other Southend fan in a pub called British Arms. I think its possibly the most pints per head ever drunk by a Southend crowd.

We lost 3-0 I think but that didnt matter as we had a top day.

Anyway on the way home with lots of Southend lads my own age we all had a bit too much and started congering through the carrages. I managed to fall over and crack my head on the toilet door handle....I had a lump for a week.

Only other noticable injury was this season at home to Southampton when Bradders managed to miss from a yard out and cracked me full on in the side of the face with the ball. This was very annoying for two reasons 1) Dad of DtS deflected the ball on to me and 2) It gave Ldn Fatso chance to laugh at me.

Anymore horrific injuries from the SZ faithful. :fart:

Standing on my seat after a few too many during last season's title winning party, fell **** over tit onto the floor. Loved it.

Not really an injury but quite funny anyway.

I bought a reasonably nice mobile phone 2 days before the Hartlepool home game last season. I was texting during the game and i put the phone in my coat pocket...and forgot to zip it up. Freddy then scored that outrageous goal from the corner flag and i went absolutely mental, jumping all over the West stand, and some point during the celebrations the shiny new mobile flew out my pocket never to be seen again...over a hundred quid down the drain :mad: :cry:

What a goal though :)

A few cut lips after accidentally being punched in the face by mates whilst celebrating, I've fell on a few terraces in my time as well which is always the signal for a bundle.

Nothing too serious though!

Away to Cheltenham on a Friday night the season before we went up via the Playoffs. When Drewe Broughton scored his first league goal for us to make it 1-0 I started running around the front of the terrace and jumping about like a mad man and twisted my ankle!

At Kidderminster away when celebrating Freddy's second and our third goal my glasses fell off and broke as well. Not so much an injury though, but fairly funny. Wasnt even ****ed off as it was then I think I really started believing we were going to get promoted.

Not really an injury but quite funny anyway.

I bought a reasonably nice mobile phone 2 days before the Hartlepool home game last season. I was texting during the game and i put the phone in my coat pocket...and forgot to zip it up. Freddy then scored that outrageous goal from the corner flag and i went absolutely mental, jumping all over the West stand, and some point during the celebrations the shiny new mobile flew out my pocket never to be seen again...over a hundred quid down the drain :mad: :cry:

What a goal though :)

Only a muppet would do something like that!

I thought SUFC supporters were decent honest lads. Can't believe no-one handed it in! :finger:

Not really an injury to my good self but I accidentally stabbed my mate in the back of the head with a plastic fork whilst over indulging in a bit of celebrating.....like ya do.

Well, the prat should have stood up like the rest of us and it wouldn't have happened.:D

Only a muppet would do something like that!

I thought SUFC supporters were decent honest lads. Can't believe no-one handed it in! :finger:

I know tell me about it :fury:

I even went back to RH a few days later and looked round the stand for it but it wasn't there :eek:

I got the ball booted in my face , whilst the team was warming up at Leyton Orient a few years back, when we could stand behind the goal. The thing, the ball was booted by a fan as it bounced just in front of me, he swung his leg, scuffed it off the side of his foot ( 5 yards from my face ) and whack, it hit me, busted my nose and broke my glasses - when he swung his footm he also shouted "....'ave it " !!! My old man was wetting him self !!!

Away at Macclesfield during that evening game when McCormack scored two... on his second one when he scored down our end and celebrated in front of us I was a bit of a wally and got right at the front que some wayward punches of delight in the back of my head! Had a good sleep on the way back getting rid of my headche...

You recall when the players used to put a ball in the North Bank during the warm up and it was gleefully thrown around........well one day i hadn't noticed it come into the crowd (the had stopped the players from doing it for a couple of games) and a full height throw came from onee end of the NB and hit me flush on the side of the face. I ended up watching the game with blood all over my face from the cuts where my glasses broke and from my mangled nose, with blurred vision from both the bang on the temple and the glasses-less myopia and a splitting headache (the bang on the temple + the added eye strain) Plus 50 quids worth of glasses gone...

Away at Macclesfield during that evening game when McCormack scored two... on his second one when he scored down our end and celebrated in front of us I was a bit of a wally and got right at the front que some wayward punches of delight in the back of my head! Had a good sleep on the way back getting rid of my headche...

Given my uncontrolled celebration, I'm going to offer a cautionary apology. I just can't be sure what happened in the minute or so after he smashed that in.

:confused:

I was punched in the face by some random in the row in front who was overcelebrating a goal - cant even remember what match it was but it flipping hurt!!!
:thump:

At the league two play off final at the Mill Stad, my husband, myself and children were in the lower tier, for some reason or another everyone jumped up, one of the twins because she could'nt see stood on her seat...........said seat then decided to tip up, she slipped and somehow or other her leg went down the back of the seat and got jammed........she started to cry and panic, and to cut a long story short after a lot of moving and wiggling we got her leg free (had visions at one point that we would have to bring the seat home with us :eek: ).
She had a nasty old bruise for a week or so, but I think on the whole she was quite proud of her war wound :D .
A belated thanks to all the guys around that were helping try to free her ;)

You recall when the players used to put a ball in the North Bank during the warm up and it was gleefully thrown around........well one day i hadn't noticed it come into the crowd (the had stopped the players from doing it for a couple of games) and a full height throw came from onee end of the NB and hit me flush on the side of the face. I ended up watching the game with blood all over my face from the cuts where my glasses broke and from my mangled nose, with blurred vision from both the bang on the temple and the glasses-less myopia and a splitting headache (the bang on the temple + the added eye strain) Plus 50 quids worth of glasses gone...

I remember someone with glasses getting smacked with the ball; forgot it was you!

I almost fainted on the North Bank after Jonny Hunt scored the equaliser against Palace in 1994. And I'm not making that up. There must have been 4,000 of us, rammed shoulder to shoulder in the North Bank. The goal went in, and I started going mental - jumping up and down, screaming, the works. It was a beautiful goal, and somehow scoring against Palace has always been something I've really enjoyed.

Anyhow, I'm jumping up and down, but then I suddenly I became aware that I had begun to develop tunnel vision. I wasn't seeing properly... the entire periphery of my vision had gone black. In fact, the pitch was getting more distant and smaller, and the amount of black was increasing. Suddenly, the pitch was beginning to swim in front of my eyes and I knew something wasn't right. My knees began to buckle, but (perhaps luckily) because we were so tightly rammed in, I couldn't fall - I was being held up by the crowd.

Then, finally, the gears in my head slammed into action... and reminded me that in the 90 seconds immediately following Jonny Hunt's goal, I'd forgotten to do something rather important.

I'd forgotten to breathe.

I took in a huge breath, and hey presto, all the black was gone and I could see the pitch again. But it was a close call.

:o

Only one goal has come close since: Freddy's goal at the Millennium Stadium. Then, instead of black tunnel vision, I had a complete white out. Imagine pulling a sheet tightly over your eyes and then shining a bright light through it. I had that for about five seconds - I simply couldn't see anything.

Oh, but I could feel. That day, I felt a pure definition of "Yes!" - and to feel it is a beautiful thing.

:D

No injuries for me - no serious ones anyway - but I remember back in the late 70s my dad and I were sitting in the East Greens, in the very front row as usual. Dad always took a flask of coffee and used to smoke a pipe; during the match he placed a cup of steaming hot coffee on the wooden wall in front of us and lay down his smouldering pipe next to it. Inevitably, a wayward pass from someone (probably Polycarpou) hit the cup, spreading its contents liberally over the people in the South Paddock below us; the contents of the smouldering pipe ended up in this chap's hood but no-one realised at the time; it was only when smoke starting to pour from the hood that we realised! Weird though that despite the coffee and tobacco shower, everyone saw the funny side, even the bloke on fire ...

Back