• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Worst job.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
We have had this before but it's time for an update.

For me it would have to be 18 months spent at a sponge factory in Rochford around 1993.

The first thing I heard when I walked through the gate was one chap say to a colleague "are you still k**bing that bird from the peanut factory then or what?"

Last edited:
The dirty jobs - literally - whilst working as a domestic at Runwell in the summer of '79. First job (or two) was to clean the men's bogs, not a brilliant start to the day with a hang-over.

Last edited:
Temporary Xmas job working in a Bakery folding cardboard boxes all day.Could only stick it for 2 days.My brother(not Shrimpero but the other one)stayed for the whole Xmas vacation but then he was a Cambridge man.:stunned:

I had an awful job one Xmas laminating the pages in Argos catalogues for use in their stores.

a security job for 4 months about 5 years ago now, all i was doing was looking after the fossets farm site and a few building materials on it, just a couple of fields on 12 hr shifts, so boring and still looks much the same as now walk the dogs over their.

I used to be a Sealed Unit Manager in a double glazing factory. Nothing was worse than unloading a huge lorry full of massive sheets of glass. It was not only dangerous, especially when the wind caught you out, or you had to negotiate around tight surroundings and then stand them on end and rack them, without clipping anything, otherwise they could snap and guillotine down on you. It was also extremely knackering after a couple of hours, aches and pains everywhere and you felt that your weight carrying hand was going to drop off as the fingers went dead.

Thames Loose Lead on London Road? Worked there for 4 days before I could no longer stick it. Must be about 10 years ago now.

The very same.

When I worked at the sponge factory new starters would regularly have done a runner long before the first tea break of the day unable to handle the mind numbing tedium of putting sponges into plastic bags.

Now I cast my mind back I remember that the application form for the job only required the name, address and telephone number of the applicant.

Back