• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst Manager Of the Blues

Worst Manager Of the Blues - Worst Manager

• Barry Fry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alvin Martin

• Ronnie Whelan

• Rob Newman

• Steve Wignall

• Dave Webb

• Bobby Moore

• Total voters
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kim Mitten @ Oct. 05 2005,21:53)]Dick Bate wins everytime...
Now that's something I've never read before.

biggrin.gif

The poll is missing the only choice it really needs.

Dick Bate.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Oct. 06 2005,10:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Oct. 05 2005,21:22)]Dick Bate?  Part of the England set up?  You're joking!

I'm not doubting you but I didn't know that.  What job does he do then?

Christ, everything has now been explained...
Last I heard, I think he was involved in the under-17 team or somesuch.

I believe he's highly rated as a coach - which of course is entirely different to being a manger, as we well know.

But even so...
wow.gif
He was so highly rated as a coach that Supreme took his teeth out and put seats in.

No wonder they went tits up.

How does Barry Fry fit into the worst manager category?

His winning percentage of games is the highest ever by a manager at Southend and he kept us up in 1993 after taking over the mess left by Murphy.

Sure he did the dirty on Southend by walking out on us but I still remember very fondly the time he was in charge at Southend especially when we beat West Scum in a League match.

Bizarre poll this one,
You have David Webb on the list but no Colin Murphy or Dick Bate!!!

Colin Murphy is our worst ever manager even worse than Dick Head. Took over a decent side added Collymore and was leading us to certain relegation until he was sacked and Fry came in and showed how it should be done.

Back