• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst of these wingers. -

• Scotty Forbes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Clark

• Mitchell Cole

• Micheal Black

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Everyone has a position that they look out for. The sort of positon that has a certain romance to it.

I have always loved to watch a good left winger for the Blues. G-Man or Tilly in his day are my favs.

For some reason my fav players over the pas few seasons have been left wingers. But which one of he above motley crew is the worst.

Scotty Forbes worked his nads of and was unlucky to get injured and never come back fully. Some said he had the touch of a rapist.

Clarky made me shake with excitment when he ran at people with his electric pace and his headbutt on Beagrie was comedy but some said he never look interesed.

Didnt see much of Black but looked like a classy player to me. Especially at the O's away. Sadly he was a tad fat.

Finally Coley- Not everyones cup of tea but I like him

So who was the worst of the worst.?
suspect.gif

I thought you meant to put in Michael Ballack first off

ghostface.gif

Definitely Clark for me. Forbes tried his hardest and looked impressive some games. Black was like a good winger in slow motion but Clark was just a poor man's Mitchell Cole.

Forbes, bless him.

Cole shouldn't be on that list. He's a talented kid with a great future.

Got to be Forbes, although I think he gave 100%. I always believed Clarky could have come good before his confidence was shot to pieces by the crowd. Would have been interesting to have seen how Tilly might have managed and developed him. I see a lot of parallels between Clark and Cole including the barracking that seems to have started up.

damn there is only one option i can vote.. i would chooese them all
wink.gif

Michael Black was utter crud, even though at Exeter away he did have his own song "Who needs Stevie Flack when we've got Michael Black!"

I thought Forbesy did ok that first season under Webb and he chipped in with a few important goals, such as the one against Canvey.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ July 30 2006,17:35)]Michael Black was utter crud, even though at Exeter away he did have his own song "Who needs Stevie Flack when we've got Michael Black!"
Yeah, the Michael Black who wouldn't track back to cover a clearly-struggling David McSweeney therefore allowing that certain Steve Flack to cancel out Tes Bramble's early opener and secure all three points for The Grecians. A waste of space ... well, both of them ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ July 30 2006,15:39)]Cole shouldn't be on that list. He's a talented kid with a great future.
Too right. Even if he fails to set the world on fire, he hardly deserves to be listed here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 30 2006,16:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ July 30 2006,17:35)]Michael Black was utter crud, even though at Exeter away he did have his own song "Who needs Stevie Flack when we've got Michael Black!"
Yeah, the Michael Black who wouldn't track back to cover a clearly-struggling David McSweeney therefore allowing that certain Steve Flack to cancel out Tes Bramble's early opener and secure all three points for The Grecians. A waste of space ... well, both of them ...
t'was 2-2 that day

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 30 2006,17:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ July 30 2006,15:39)]Cole shouldn't be on that list. He's a talented kid with a great future.
Too right. Even if he fails to set the world on fire, he hardly deserves to be listed here.
Thirded. Wingers are there to try things out and create chances- it's not always going to come off (especially when they lack experience). Cole has such obvious talent in terms of acceleration, ability to take on a defender etc that i don't think anyone couldn't have at least noticed it. If he can get a bit of confidence back, he's more than capable of frightening Championship defences. When we're worried about our lack of squad depth as it is, I don't quite see the point in undermining the players we do have...

Ever since I've been going to Roots Hall, there's always been some bloke sat near me who'll criticise whoever has the misfortune to be playing on the wing that day. I've realised, I'm pretty sure Gower has too, that these people are absolute muppets who just want to whinge even if it is a promotion season. You will also hear these people slate Maher (familiarity presumably) in between moans of "oh Gower!".

The only respite you get from these moans is when a completely new player is on the pitch. However bad this player is, he will get this chap's full backing and will undoubtedly have a "promising first game".

The sooner Mitchell Cole realises this, the sooner he will play relaxed flowing football!

Toss up between Black and Clark, both pretty poor!

Voted for Black! Clarks goal against QPR (LDV) saved him from my vote...

Back