• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst people in the world

Pubey

It's these lot, isn't it?

[video=youtube;GPnnxc1Dfm0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPnnxc1Dfm0[/video]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muggle_quidditch

Quidditch is a sport of two teams of seven players each mounted on broomsticks played on a hockey rink-sized pitch. The pitch is rectangular with rounded corners 54 metres (60 yards) by 43 metres (48 yards) with three hoops of varying heights at either end. Having been created in 2005, the sport is quite young, but it is played across the world and actively growing. The ultimate goal is to have more points than the other team by the time the snitch, a tennis ball inside a long sock hanging from the shorts of an impartial official dressed in yellow, is caught. Rules of the sport are governed by the International Quidditch Association, or the IQA, and events are sanctioned by either the IQA or that nation's governing body.

1024px-Muggle_Quidditch.jpg

I can get my head around them taking a ball game from a fantasy book/film series and playing it in real life, but what is with the broom stick? Why add an element of 'i'm flying/make believe?!' You are literally the worst people in the world, and that includes ISIS and Ultimate Frisbee players.

sorry/not sorry if you or a loved one plays real life quiddich.

When I was in New York the year before last we spent the Sunday in Central Park and they were all down there playing it. Looked absurd.

I can't actually believe that this is real?

It is real. Universities in the US (and worldwide) are full of seemingly intelligent people who want to run around throwing balls while they rub a broomstick against their perineum.

I'm not trying to intentionally **** off the entire of the united states but isn't this like a cross between basketball and American football? just with a ball in a sock a couple more hoops and a broomstick? The broomstick is the most absurd thing IMO.

One thing for certain is my Monday has all of a sudden got more interesting

Appalling. Also, isn't UCLA quite a respected institution? I'm surprised the college authorities allow them to drag their name through the mud with this ****wittery.

Rugby players are the biggest c**ts at university.

Ruddy faced middle class ****heels who dress like mugs use phrases like "good effort"

I watched a bit of it a while back in the park near my uni where some competition was going on, rugby tackling seemed to be legal which meant you had an odd mix where half the teams seemed to just be scrawny Harry Potter fans running around whilst other teams seemed to just be the rejects from their university rugby team willing to look stupid for the sake of being on a successful sports team. On the up side the people I watched didn't have broomsticks, they just carried normal sticks in one hand so maybe they've started to realise most people aren't going to play a sport with real brooms between their legs, if they scrapped the sticks altogether it probably wouldn't be that bad a game.

Rugby players are the biggest c**ts at university.

Ruddy faced middle class ****heels who dress like mugs use phrases like "good effort"

"Football's a gentleman's game played by hooligans. Rugby's a hooligan's game played by rapists and people who **** in pint glasses."

If you're going to make fictional sports real then Speedball is the one to go for. Electrocutions, Beatings and legal use of steroids.

As mentioned above, we've been 'experiencing' rugby and its followers for a long time but this is too much. These are, indeed, the worst people ever to have walked the earth. If this doesn't spur the world in to action I don't know what will. We should start by insisting that these scumbags superglue the brooms to their bare skin. They won't be so keen to get on the team sheet then. I'd suggest naming and shaming but they'll all be called either Will, Jamie or Emma which makes exact identification difficult. This problem isn't going to disappear on its own.

Haha! This is outrageous! What absolute filth!

Dodgeball with broomsticks?

Back