• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst signings this year in the prem over £10,000,000

£30m Moussa Sissoko to Spurs. Everyone laughed at Spurs for paying that much for him and unsurprisingly he's been rubbish.

Surely it has to be Chelsea's £33.2 Million signing of their star Belgian striker Michy Batshuayi (who? I hear you ask!).... Exactly!

He's still yet to a start a game in the premier league, & has only made 17 sub appearances (11 of those 17 appearances have only between 1 and 6 minutes of pitch time).

Not bad work for someone on a £90,000+ a week wage!.. works out roughly at about £3 million in wages for less then 2 hours of premier league football played.

If there's anyone out there, willing to match that wage for 2 hours work (heck I will even work though my lunch break), please dm me! :smile:

PS..... I don't want to sound difficult at this early stage of the interview, but I can't currently do Friday's, Saturday's, Sunday's or Monday's though this month, as Southend are in a tight promotion push... I suppose I should possibly also mention I may be not available for work during the middle weekdays of May...

But on a plus note...... June, July and until early August, I'm fully committed to my £90,000 a week job that your about to offer me. :smile:

PPS..... I don't take cheques!.. Ideally hard cash or a bank transfer (via Western Union) to either my Uncle Clive or Uncle Gary that both currently reside in Nigeria.

Last edited:
Lucas Perez, £17.5 million at Arsenal and barely played in the PL.
Andre Ayew hardly warranted £20 million so far at West Ham.
Sadio Berahino has been a waste of space since he moved to Stoke for £12 million in January.

Granit Xhaka can be added to that list. It's easy to spend over £10m these days and get a flop.

Paul Pogba, Borja Baston, Vincent Janssen, John Stones, Moussa Sissoko, Claudio Bravo. A lot of money wasted in the PL.

I had to look this guy up. I've never heard of him!

I'd add Jordan Ibe to that list. £15 million doesn't get you much winger these days...

Surely it has to be Chelsea's £33.2 Million signing of their star Belgian striker Michy Batshuayi (who? I hear you ask!).... Exactly!

He's still yet to a start a game in the premier league, & has only made 17 sub appearances (11 of those 17 appearances have only between 1 and 6 minutes of pitch time).

Not bad work for someone on a £90,000+ a week wage!.. works out roughly at about £3 million in wages for less then 2 hours of premier league football played.

He'll be a bargain for his next team. He's very talented but just doesn't fit into Conte's plans.

Always confuses me when people include young players with obvious potential in "worst transfer/waste of money" rankings. The likes of Pogba and Stones, expensive as they may be and despite having had up and down seasons, stand to be at their respective clubs for the next decade. Who's to say what they'll go on to achieve?

Save these accolades for the truly bad business. The nonsensical deals and the desperate gambles.

I'm surprised to see Djilobodji not mentioned so far. He cost £8m, which is a fair chunk of Sunderland's transfer fee, has been downright woeful and at 28, won't be getting resold at value.

Back