• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst Southend Haircuts XI.

DTS

The Business
I reckon this motely crew will win.

Gk - Mel Capelton         (Demolition Man era)
RB - Mark Home            (A Beavis from Beavis and Butthead)
LB - Christian Hyslop      (Floppy girls haircut)
CB - Dave Morely          (Pudding Bowl Cut)
CB - Mike Lapper           (American Marine style)
RW -Mark Beard            (Had pubic hair but on top of his head?)
LW - Shame Wardely      (Ginger Afro)
CM - Derek Payne          (Quiffy Boufont)
CM - Russell Williamson    (Curtain Cut)
CF- Jason Lee                (No explanation needed)
CF- Ian Benjamin            (Looked like one of the drifters)

Can anyone do any worse that this mob. Had to cheat a bit on positions - I do know Beard and Wardely were more full backs.
laugh.gif

Surely Gridelet's preened bouffant-style barnet must make the side... Equally, I'm sure that Belgrave had a stupid plaitted affair at some point, which is worth a mention.

tounge.gif

Matt

Any player who played for us in the 1980's....the decade where haircuts went to die...... however, the recent re-invention of the mullet is NOT A GOOD THING.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Sep. 11 2006,12:20)]Crowny's mullet was legendary......
Shane Westley & Danny O'Shea were two more. The more Westley did to it the more he looked like Fatima Whitbread.

kevin maher with his' poor attempt at an elvis doo..

Leo Roget's barnet from the 95/96 season

Looked like he had a very small mop on his head

Also Adam Barrett's poor mans Duncan Goodhew deserves a mention

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Sep. 11 2006,11:08)]CF- Ian Benjamin            (Looked like one of the drifters)

drifters.jpg
[/IMG]

Benji lines up for his new teams 5-a-side photo

biggrin.gif

Mel Capleton?

Also, from years back, Tommy Horsfall in the 70's had a Keegan style perm if I remember correcrtly, John Kurila looked like the wild man of Borneo and Willie Coulson had shoulder length blonde hair that made him look like a girl.

Must include Paul Roberts at full back (front row 3rd from left) and Mario Walsh in the striker berth (middle of back row). 2 of the worst haircuts known to man

team89.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GNH @ Sep. 11 2006,20:35)]Must include Paul Roberts at full back (front row 3rd from left) and Mario Walsh in the striker berth (middle of back row). 2 of the worst haircuts known to man

team89.jpg
I think Andy dixon is pretty bad still got his shirt tho!

Back