• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

worst sports injury?

Strykr

Manager
ok so ive just got back from the hospital ripped tendons in my ankle playing squash have to have a cast tommorrow, swelled up like a balloon, and it bloody hurts weeks beckon of sitting on my arse doing jack.
i can feel the boredom encroaching, thought a gruesome thread about your worst sports injury might be appropriate! also any lighthearted injury related banter could just be the thing to lift my spirits (shackleford, greenberg, mad cyril, tarquin , true blue at al, this means you!)

Last edited:
Dislocated my Knee in a Semi final of the Borough Com league cup at Eastwood Bury Lane, Ambulance called and a fat paramedic comes over to me whilst i am on the floor screaming like a bitch. She starts to say normally we just pop them back in, to which i cut her short and explained in no uncertain terms that if she went anywhere near my leg i wouldn't be held responsible for my actions. Gas / Air later they put a my leg in a splint and the knee popped back into its joint, ah the relief. Well until the throbbing pain started.

The other was 6 weeks before my Wedding, playing 5 a side, went in for a challenge. the guy was late i flipped over and just thought i had winded myself. The game finished and i couldn't catch my breath. Again an Ambulance was called, this time they think i am having a heart attack so they rush me the Royal London which just so happens to be a teaching hospital. So i get wheeled into A & E like a star of Casualty to be confronted by 20 or so student doctors. I started to panic and thought how it would look if it was just a bit of wind. It so happened that i had fractured 2 ribs and bruised my lung. A night of Morphine later and the world was a better place.

I don't want to experience either of the feelings if the truth been known!!!

I've been very lucky with injuries (worst is a sprained ankle which ballooned up immediately) , but I know someone that got an arrow in the eye when restringing his bow.

I've dislocated and broken a few fingers from being a keeper.

Mate of mine had a pretty nasty one last week, dislocated his knee and done ligament and tendon damage.

32526_1512678135660_1195607789_31485288_5479917_n.jpg

Broke my tibia and fibula in a tackle - think Araon Ramsey and you will get the picture!

Bad times! During a game, my team-mate broke his leg. It was a perfect fracture of the tibia, but because the fibula was still intake, the bone didn't heal as quickly as it should have done. He had to go into hospital again because they put the cast on incorrectly.

As I've been so lucky with injuries, I know it will be just a matter of time before I have a serious one.

To my ever lasting shame and embarrassment, I scored my first and last goal done a Klinsman and broke my sodding arm. Great goal though.

Done a couple of bad ones...broke my ankle whilst mountain biking and ripped my tendons in my right knee playing American football! I wouldn't want to experience the ankle again...that horrible sick feeling you get in your stomach when you turn it is like nothing else! Ripping the tendons wasn't actually that painful...had a dodgy and very weak knee as it was and one game it just gave in and went! Required an opp for the knee injury and tbh the worst part of it was being inactive for 3+ months!

How did you manage that just out of interest? Off balance stretching for a shot?

Honestly couldnt tell you! i play squash 2 or 3 times a week, was just an ordinary game, I was running full pelt, all my bodyweight landed on my right ankle and it kind of collapsed underneath me, unexpected, and tbh bloody painful, doesn't hurt so much now but is still swollen badly after a week, and not the most attractive colour. doc said i need to immobilize it and keep it elevated, with a worst case scenario being i could lose the use of my foot, which has freaked me out to the extreme.

Dislocated my Knee in a Semi final of the Borough Com league cup at Eastwood Bury Lane, Ambulance called and a fat paramedic comes over to me whilst i am on the floor screaming like a bitch. She starts to say normally we just pop them back in, to which i cut her short and explained in no uncertain terms that if she went anywhere near my leg i wouldn't be held responsible for my actions. Gas / Air later they put a my leg in a splint and the knee popped back into its joint, ah the relief. Well until the throbbing pain started.

The other was 6 weeks before my Wedding, playing 5 a side, went in for a challenge. the guy was late i flipped over and just thought i had winded myself. The game finished and i couldn't catch my breath. Again an Ambulance was called, this time they think i am having a heart attack so they rush me the Royal London which just so happens to be a teaching hospital. So i get wheeled into A & E like a star of Casualty to be confronted by 20 or so student doctors. I started to panic and thought how it would look if it was just a bit of wind. It so happened that i had fractured 2 ribs and bruised my lung. A night of Morphine later and the world was a better place.

I don't want to experience either of the feelings if the truth been known!!!

damn!!!! makes my injury seem tame, full recovery I hope, how did you kill the recovery time?

You can be the judge from the following

1) Dislocated right knee in a challenge on my 18th birthday resulting in six weeks in plaster
2) Detached Retina after ariel challenge resulting in three ops to re-attach and partially blind in my left eye to this date.
3) Torn interior,exterioe and cruciate in left knee aged 24 meaning missed 6 years.
4) Penis reduction surgerory to make me a bit more normal.

Add to this cracked ribs and I am also currently injured with knee problems once again.

Last edited:
About 5 years ago (I can't believe its thats long ago now!), wasn't sports related but I tore the cartilage in my knee (the hard cartilage). Unreal pain especially when the guy who I had only met that day for the first time was pushing me into A&E on a wheelchair and pushed me straight into the reception desk!

I was of work for 5 months during which time I had an operation, never properly regained the strength in my knee or the muscles in my leg and the injury re-occured some time later and I had to have a second operation. Still gives me pretty much constant grief!!

so its looking safe to say that most people at some time or another have been pretty messed up!
Rich, thats dark. 5 months, thats a lot of time, must say getting wheeled into the reception desk is straight from a carry on film tho!

would have to say Dave is in the lead with his plethora of injuries, and his botched sex change op. ;) on a serious note must admit, the detached retina is like the sum of all fears to me!,

If it's not a sports injury, then it's just moaning about things that hurt a bit, really. At least make up a story about tripping up on the oche or falling over a shuttlecock or something.

I've broken my leg twice, and broken someone else's leg (not all in the same tackle) during some exciting Southend & District League encounters, but that's small fry compared to some of the others on here.

ok so ive just got back from the hospital ripped tendons in my ankle playing squash have to have a cast tommorrow, swelled up like a balloon, and it bloody hurts weeks beckon of sitting on my arse doing jack.
i can feel the boredom encroaching, thought a gruesome thread about your worst sports injury might be appropriate! also any lighthearted injury related banter could just be the thing to lift my spirits (shackleford, greenberg, mad cyril, tarquin , true blue at al, this means you!)

On the plus side least you can watch all the WC games.

Back