• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

billy best was god

Youth Team
Have we the worst home support in the country (can not bear to call them supporters) I think so. Why do we play so well away? Well simple, the players past and present loose all confidence at home frightened to shoot, to pass and beat opposing players because of a hardcore element who spend the whole match shouting abuse at our own players from start to finish. Spent the whole of the match (south upper) listening not only to pure filth but personal abuse towards our players WHY????? The same lot who got rid of Paynter and booed Mark Gower but cheered when he scored.
Yes we did not play well but was also unlucky. That is when we should all support the team not drag them down. Lets face facts because what’s happened in the close season to finish 10th will be success.

the above only happens at southend mate doesnt it!!!!! I was thinking today that the players of this club have had it feking easy from the fans over the past few years, to many of them use that as an excuse!!! load of balls mate!!!

Have we the worst home support in the country (can not bear to call them supporters) I think so. Why do we play so well away? Well simple, the players past and present loose all confidence at home frightened to shoot, to pass and beat opposing players because of a hardcore element who spend the whole match shouting abuse at our own players from start to finish. Spent the whole of the match (south upper) listening not only to pure filth but personal abuse towards our players WHY????? The same lot who got rid of Paynter and booed Mark Gower but cheered when he scored.
Yes we did not play well but was also unlucky. That is when we should all support the team not drag them down. Lets face facts because what’s happened in the close season to finish 10th will be success.

No mate,just the worst chairman.

I sit in the upper south , and agree wholeheartedly, I sit a few seats from a certain zoner who hurls abuse at anyone who moves on the pitch or sideline, I will not out him though .He does occasionaly have a point :winking:

Just for the record I think your ranting nonsense. In my humble opinion any abuse slung from the stands to any of the 'players' during todays match was fully justisfied. I can take the crap football (just) christ knows I have before, what I can't stand is lack of effort. I made a point of clapping only Grant off the field before he dissapered very quickly down the tunnel. He was badly let down by his teammates today and so were the fans. £16 quid for that Martin? Your having a ***king laugh mate.

Last edited:
the above only happens at southend mate doesnt it!!!!! I was thinking today that the players of this club have had it feking easy from the fans over the past few years, to many of them use that as an excuse!!! load of balls mate!!!

Agree - it happens everywhere and I personally believe that the supporters have been really easy on Ron Martin - looks like more and more are voting with their feet tthough

Not to mention the constant flow of **** flowing out of the club in the last two years, yet still over 5000 people turn out to watch a standard of football you could watch for free at Chalkwell Park??? Nah sunshine, Worst in Britain? We're among the best.

Not to mention the constant flow of **** flowing out of the club in the last two years, yet still over 5000 people turn out to watch a standard of football you could watch for free at Chalkwell Park??? Nah sunshine, Worst in Britain? We're among the best.

Have to agree.

Agree - it happens everywhere and I personally believe that the supporters have been really easy on Ron Martin

Two brilliant points, that are pretty obvious tbh. After everything this club has endured for the past 18-24months, I'm surprised that people are A) still turning up & B) still showing vocal support. Being honest, the club (don't forget, that's Martin's club, as he claimed) doesn't deserve the current level of support.

Why not say anything in the ground? you will be suprised how many supporters will back you.
Sooner or later it will kick off with our own supporters like it did when Jobson was in charge

I don't think us (as fans) are doing anything wrong, infact our home attendances are right up there in one of the highest in the league, other than oxford, chesterfield and bradford. We've been through alot over the past couple of seasons, giving the chairman so much patience and now were 17th in league two. What the ****. We just must carry on supporting the team, good turn out at Chesterfield, our support is just fine.

I sat in the South Upper yesterday thinking "Why do I bloody bother ?" Pathetic display, and that's by the players, I might add.

I have 4 season tickets in the South Upper and was really disappointed by two middle-aged "fans" (and their gran and daughter) who were sitting behind me yesterday: their moans, inane and banal "amusing" comments , foul language and absurd criticism of the team really got on my nerves.

The team played badly yesterday and the formation did not work. However, slagging off individual players at the top of your voice is going to achieve what exactly? That's not supporting the team or the club as a whole. I was just glad when the four idiots left about five minutes into the second half. I'd never seen them before and, hopefully, won't have to again.

However, slagging off individual players at the top of your voice is going to achieve what exactly? That's not supporting the team or the club as a whole.

I so agree with this statement which differentiates personal abuse at the ground to personal opnions on the Shrimperzone and which is why it really annoys me when supporters on this board start criticisng other Zoners who use this as the forum to state their opinions.

We will never all agree about a player but some of the abuse that you get if you dare say someone is a poor player or played poorly is ridiculous.If you post on here then you obviously are a true supporter because who else could be bothered to spend their evenings on the PC.

I'd almost guarantee that the morons who sat behind Robbo yesterday do not post on here - some people get a perverted joy when things go wrong and love the sound of their own voices - whereas as this site it is all about opinions that are not being aimed at or shared with the players - let's face it we all want the players to do really well for us even the players that individually we don't like

I so agree with this statement which differentiates personal abuse at the ground to personal opnions on the Shrimperzone and which is why it really annoys me when supporters on this board start criticisng other Zoners who use this as the forum to state their opinions.

We will never all agree about a player but some of the abuse that you get if you dare say someone is a poor player or played poorly is ridiculous.If you post on here then you obviously are a true supporter because who else could be bothered to spend their evenings on the PC.

I'd almost guarantee that the morons who sat behind Robbo yesterday do not post on here - some people get a perverted joy when things go wrong and love the sound of their own voices - whereas as this site it is all about opinions that are not being aimed at or shared with the players - let's face it we all want the players to do really well for us even the players that individually we don't like

Good post.
But the point highlighted in bold;
It seems sometimes that people love to see a player be useless so they can listen to the sound of their own voice.

Some of the booing yesterday was tragically funny.

People pay good money to watch the games, and have right to express their feelings, just because some don't agree does not make it right oir wrong. Yesterday the tactics were not right, the players looked lost, Sturrock would not take the blame. The blame stops at the top ... RM .... interesting to see he is very quiet at the moment. I will continue to support the team NOT RM!

while i wholeheartedly agree that certain sections,normally individuals, have it in for certain players no matter what they do, and this isnt on.
I disagree that we have bad support.
This is a results business, and the players are not little kids, they know for a fact that when they play crap they can expect some abuse, and when they play well they can lap up the adoration.
Its a job, there being paid to perform. the pressure may be on them at home, But in such an industry where only the supposed best even reach the echelons of the football league, they should be able to take the pressure, and if not they shouldnt be there in the first place.

Back