• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stats

aka Ian Poulter
Going on from comments from Matt the shrimp about the worst side to visit roots hall lets hear everyones opinions.

I've seen some von crappe down here during my time but on Friday 17th December 2004 a team claiming to be a bunch of footballers representing the town of Chester turned up at roots hall.

I was a bit dubious when I read Tillys pre match comments ''Chester are a direct side who like to get the ball forwards quickly''

How fitting that Andy Hoof Harris played at the back for them that night

I also recall that shot from Cortez Belle which stuck one of the windows on the flats at the back of the south stand bearing in mind this was 5 storeys up, credit must be given to him for this.

I sure hope next time chester are in town then the council give local residents a warning to board up there windows!!

Chester 04-05 for me then

Halifax.

They made Anthony Richards look like a decent player.

Cheers.

I don't think you could say that Chester were a bad side based on that performance. In fact it was practically impossible to tell what kind of side they were as they refused to play football. They could have been Brazil but there was no way of telling.

To me the worst side I can remember was either Kidderminster or Macclesfield last season. To be honest both games have merged into one in my mind, but both were beyond appalling football teams. That Halifax side is probably a good shout too.

I can't recall a worse side than Chester this season, probably was because not only could they not manage to string two passes together, it was because it was one of thye most blatent time wasting performances i've seen over the hall . lost count on how many times the keeper and centre halfs found our car park.

I think they started time wasting from about the 5th min.....shocking!!

I thought Rushen looked very poor this season, strolled to a 3-0 win without getting out of first gear.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Feb. 24 2005,13:31)]Halifax.

Cheers.
Yep - seconded. Unarguably really. Richards scored twice and should have had two more. Danny Webb scored against them as well.

They were a total shambles. You couldn't even describe them as having, say, a "hoofball" style (a la Chester 04-05) - because the only "style" they played to was "headless chickens".

You could tell they were going down, even in August.

ghostface.gif

From the games I've seen, QPR would be a good shout. Thumped them and they never got going.

For me it would have to be either Exeter or Halifax.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Feb. 24 2005,15:14)]The Class of '03 under Steve Wignall's reign  
laugh.gif
You will note that the title of the thread is the worst team ever to <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>visit</span> Roots Hall.

We may have been poor under Wiggy, but we were never (I hope) seen as "visitors" at our own stadium.

rock.gif
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 24 2005,15:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Feb. 24 2005,15:14)]The Class of &#39;03 under Steve Wignall&#39;s reign
laugh.gif
You will note that the title of the thread is the worst team ever to <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>visit</span> Roots Hall.

We may have been poor under Wiggy, but we were never (I hope) seen as &quot;visitors&quot; at our own stadium.

rock.gif
cool.gif
Canvey v Southend FACR2 2000/01

I believe this was played at Roots Hall and that we were the away team&#33;
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

5 or 6 years of constant league two football rots the brain so it kind of melds into one horrible mess...

Chester this season were abysmal.
Boston a couple of years ago were a total shambles yet we still managed to make hard work of a 4-2 win.
York looked terrible last year with Jon &quot;pub footballer&quot; Parkin upront, was a big surprise to see him topping the charts this year.
Exeter under Noel Blake a few years back were just a bunch of dirty plodders.
Kidderminster last season, Molby sent off for debating an early pen and Abdou Sall was the worst centre back I can remember visiting us for some while. He almost single handedly gifted us a 3-0 win.
Carlisle 2000/01 - You know your team is pants when in the pre-match buildup your manager describes David Morley as the Patrick Vieira of the 3rd division.
Rushden this season though really did look like a team on the downward spiral, the keeper looked (and played) like Pat Sharp and the rest of the team didn&#39;t look interested. I reckon Drewe and co could easily get sucked into the dogfight if Kiddy can buck their ideas up.

Difficult, as so many poor sides have visited in this period&#33; IMHO, it&#39;s gonna be between Chester 04/05, most Macclesfield teams that have visited us and Boston&#39;s team from 02/03

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 24 2005,14:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Feb. 24 2005,13:31)]Halifax.

Cheers.
Yep - seconded.  Unarguably really.  Richards scored twice and should have had two more.  Danny Webb scored against them as well.

They were a total shambles.  You couldn't even describe them as having, say, a "hoofball" style (a la Chester 04-05) - because the only "style" they played to was "headless chickens".

You could tell they were going down, even in August.

ghostface.gif
The funny thing was Halifax came to Roots Hall for that game after an excellent start to the season with only the one defeat from four. But they did have a seriously over the hill Gary Jones up front (he didn't have any pace at the best of times).

But, for me, Rushden this season have been the worst. Looked like a poor youth team. Had we gone at them we would have put 5+ past them.

As for worst away side of all time (I know that wasn't the question!), has to be Aldershot by a country mile. They were always good for a 5+ goal hammering in the late eighties/early nineties despite having the likes of Steve Claridge up front (more than counter-balanced by Steve Wignall in defence).

Have to say I cant remember a worse team than rushden this year. I was so appalled at how bad they were I actually shouted at them at the end of the game to get off my pitch because your not fit to play on it.

I&#39;d say, merely for their consistency over the past couple of seasons, Kidderminster have been the worst. Most supporters are at the least 1% worried about the outcome of the game, whoever the opposition. Not with Kiddy. Damage limitation was all they seemed to turn up for. Simply dire and rolled over gutlessly. So awful I thought for one ghastly moment Alvin Martin was managing them.
wink.gif

The first half against Carlisle was the worst display by an away team that I&#39;ve ever seen butt hey picked it up admirably in the second half.

Rochdale a few years ago when Clam scored in front of the South Stand. The defence didn&#39;t have a clue.

In fact, if I&#39;m doing halves, the Rochdale second half where they surrendered a 3-0 Away half time lead to draw and almost lose in the closing stages&#33;&#33;&#33;

Back