• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst thing about a day a Roots Hall

Worst thing about a day a Roots Hall - I cant decide

• Stewards that were trained by Hitlers Henchmen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toilets that look like a set of Arachnaphobia

• Tea bar staff looking like former York Road Prostitutes

• The PA System which enables you to hear 1 word in 3.

• Other - Please state.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Love a good day out a Roots Hall but a few things could be improved in my humble opinion. What grates you most about a trip yo watch the lads.

I can remember some bloody big spiders in the bogs in South Stand and East greens/blacks. I think we must be feeding them our supporters as that would explain the falling attendance over the past few years.

The masses of kids in the south lower who dont actually watch the game and throw food/programmes around the place
mad.gif

The toilets are disgusting. The ones at the corner of the East Blacks and South Lower rival Swansea's open gutter as the worst in the league. Added to that is the snack bar being right next to it, so you get the aromatic waft of **** and shi.te lingering over the burgers. Charming.

how about trying to get a beer in the club bar,only to get it and have 20 seconds to drink it before the second half starts, because there are only to tarts behind the bar and neither of em know what to do.

Leering at the blue belles and then realising Im old enough to be their Dad,or worse still Grand dad
sad.gif

"Tea bar staff looking like former York Road Prostitutes"

How would you no Dave about them looking like this? Been there before ?
biggrin.gif

The Bluebelles, who have put on more and more weight as the seasons gone on
sad.gif
(the only nice one now is that one from cavegirl who's singing at the Torquay game)

I agree with keir the kids(loads of them yesterday) who dont give a monkeys about football and spend the whole game getting up for food are annoying, as is the exceedingly loud PA system.

Apart from that, everything's great
biggrin.gif

The man behind me yesterday, spouted foul mouthed, inaccurate, moaning drivel continuously for 90 minutes. Hates Tilson, hated Wignall, hates the team, hates the ground, hates England. The only thing he seemed to like was the sound of his own voice. A total bore.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ April 25 2004,18:04)]The Bluebelles, who have put on more and more weight as the seasons gone on
sad.gif
 (the only nice one now is that one from cavegirl who's singing at the Torquay game)

I agree with keir the kids(loads of them yesterday) who dont give a monkeys about football and spend the whole game getting up for food are annoying, as is the exceedingly loud PA system.

Apart from that, everything's great
biggrin.gif
Is that who it was!! Lucinda something. What was her second name? f**k it. If she's performing i'm gunna get there at 2pm (and offer to help out with the stage to get a sneaky peek!)

Kev

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Katecat @ April 25 2004,18:10)]The man behind me yesterday, spouted foul mouthed, inaccurate, moaning drivel continuously for 90 minutes. Hates Tilson, hated Wignall, hates the team, hates the ground, hates England. The only thing he seemed to like was the sound of his own voice. A total bore.
tounge.gif
Sound like you was in front of TonyTheKray
laugh.gif

I was in front of some moaning bar-steward as well... he refused to accept that we had to do something about the fact that Hunt was having a mare on the right wing - he certainly refused to countenance the thought of bringing on Clark. When Tilly then brought him on, he started moaning about Tilly. What an arsehole.

As for the vote, I went for the tea-staff... since it is a metaphor for the wider issue of catering, the one thing above all others that we still do incredibly badly at Roots Hall.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 25 2004,22:24)]I've had a word with the OB - apparently you need to lay low for at least another six months ...
Cheers mate ...

WS

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 25 2004,22:24)]I was in front of some moaning bar-steward as well... he refused to accept that we had to do something about the fact that Hunt was having a mare on the right wing - he certainly refused to countenance the thought of bringing on Clark.  When Tilly then brought him on, he started moaning about Tilly.  What an arsehole.
Perhaps we should introduce your moaner to mine, they would have disagreed on the Hunt issue, mine didn't think Hunt should be allowed on the planet let alone on the pitch, I honestly think he'd have been happier to sit and stare at an empty pitch.

The only sensible thing he said all afternoon was "shall we go?" to his mate five minutes before full time. Such relief!

smile.gif

The kids who gather at the north end of the West (sorry, c2c) stand are a bit embarrassing really aren't they? Baseball caps, acne and bravado, you know the sort.

I'm sure they'd reply by saying that they are only supporting their team but they're not. They just goad the opposition fans with tired-old chants. "You'll never get a job" against Hull says a lot more about their collective brain cell count than anything else.

I don't know, perhaps I'm just getting old.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ April 26 2004,08:49)]The kids who gather at the north end of the West (sorry, c2c) stand are a bit embarrassing really aren't they?  Baseball caps, acne and bravado, you know the sort.
Always remember a few seasons back, I think it was Swansea, and the West Side boys goaded the Swans, the Swans replied with a minor charge causing the kids to leg it, very funny, though very embarrassing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 25 2004,18:26)]Is that who it was!! Lucinda something. What was her second name? f**k it. If she's performing i'm gunna get there at 2pm (and offer to help out with the stage to get a sneaky peek!)

Kev

tounge.gif
Ditto.

biggrin.gif

Back