• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst thing about a day a Roots Hall

Worst thing about a day a Roots Hall - I cant decide

• Stewards that were trained by Hitlers Henchmen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toilets that look like a set of Arachnaphobia

• Tea bar staff looking like former York Road Prostitutes

• The PA System which enables you to hear 1 word in 3.

• Other - Please state.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Everyone on here seems to get a lot of a rougher time at Roots Hall than me by the looks of it.

Possibly, follow these easy steps for a good day out at Roots Hall:
--> Don't jump on the pitch. If you do feel the need to get on the stewards nerves, have friendly banter with them whilst taking the p**s. Allows you to smugly sit back down and watch their reaction (usually on the other side of the pitch).
--> Go to the toilet before you leave home or nip in to the pub just before the game. Schoolboy stuff really. If you are going to drink then consider this. If you can go without a whizz for a hundred minutes of centurions, you can do ten less for football (didn't consider half time. This'll take practice)
--> When ordering food, spend all your time looking at extended coverage of the centre circle/highlights if available. Otherwise, try to avoid all contact between your eyes and anything the other side of the counter. TOP TIP: Have exact change ready so that you can throw it in as you make your daring escape.
--> Laugh at the PA system. Half the time they don't have anything to say that you want to hear.

Follow all these top tips and the only thing that can dampen your spirits is a bad football game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 25 2004,18:26)]Is that who it was!! Lucinda something. What was her second name? f**k it. If she's performing i'm gunna get there at 2pm (and offer to help out with the stage to get a sneaky peek!)

Kev

tounge.gif

Lucinda Rhodes?
36-24-34?
lucinda_9.jpg

how does that photo get included in a thread about "Worst thing about a day a(t) Roots Hall"?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 26 2004,08:55)]Always remember a few seasons back, I think it was Swansea, and the West Side boys goaded the Swans, the Swans replied with a minor charge causing the kids to leg it, very funny, though very embarrassing.
It was Cardiff, Dave. We watched the hysterically funny (bit indeed embarrassing) scenes from the South Upper ... the kids were falling over themselves in their enthusiasm to escape the oncoming Welsh onslaught, leaping like unbridled gazelle along the front of the West Stand with looks of sheer horror on their faces. Gutless ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ April 26 2004,14:58)]Looks a bit like a Bangkok Ladyboy to me.
My thought exactly. What an ugly trout ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ April 26 2004,15:31)]It was Cardiff, Dave. We watched the hysterically funny (indeed embarrassing) scenes from the South Upper... the kids were falling over themselves in their enthusiasm to escape the oncoming Welsh onslaught, leaping like unbridled gazelle along the front of the West Stand with looks of sheer horror on their faces. Gutless ...

WS
I agree with Mike... my memory tells me it was Cardiff - led, unexpectedly, by a woman.

Think about it, F-block, you all ran from a bird...

tounge.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ April 26 2004,15:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ April 26 2004,14:58)]Looks a bit like a Bangkok Ladyboy to me.
My thought exactly. What an ugly trout ...

WS
There's a certain je ne sais quoi about her in the flesh, though... Were I young & single, I'd definitely tuck in.

wink.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 26 2004,08:55)]I think it was Swansea, and the West Side boys goaded the Swans, the Swans replied with a minor charge causing the kids to leg it, very funny, though very embarrassing.
I thought it was the Swans as well. Certainly there was something like that when they came down with their thirteen game winning streak (or something) and we went 2-0 up. Clearly a bunch of annoying kids was too much and they charged, much to the annoyance/amusement of those sitting around the kids.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (smith southend shrimper @ April 26 2004,16:20)]all the kids who never go an cheer on the other team
Was that aimed at me?

If so....What?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 26 2004,16:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 26 2004,08:55)]I think it was Swansea, and the West Side boys goaded the Swans, the Swans replied with a minor charge causing the kids to leg it, very funny, though very embarrassing.
I thought it was the Swans as well.  Certainly there was something like that when they came down with their thirteen game winning streak (or something) and we went 2-0 up.  Clearly a bunch of annoying kids was too much and they charged, much to the annoyance/amusement of those sitting around the kids.
Definately Cardiff. 2000/01 season. They were 1-0 up with just a few seconds to go before the final whistle when Rhys Weston inexplicably lobbed over his own keeper to allow us to salvage an undeserved point. (He still talks about it today as his worst moment in his career.)

WS

Swansea as well. They stormed the West, and i think only a handfull of older lads stood and fought with them, while all the kids ran off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 26 2004,14:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 25 2004,18:26)]Is that who it was!! Lucinda something. What was her second name? f**k it. If she's performing i'm gunna get there at 2pm (and offer to help out with the stage to get a sneaky peek!)

Kev

tounge.gif

Lucinda Rhodes?
36-24-34?
lucinda_9.jpg
Definitely Baywatch / Crimewatch

Back