• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worthington ain't happy!

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
"It is a crazy result to take," said Worthington, clearly still angered at watching two points disappear down the drain.

"To go a goal down and show the character to get back into the game was very good, but then we stopped doing all the good things. We stopped moving the ball quickly and invited pressure, and percentages says if you invite enough pressure something will give.

"There was too much flicking, farting and fannying. I'm far from happy. We've thrown two points away.

"There was a lack of leadership, a lack of professionalism after getting into a position to kill off the game. I hope they have learned from that, because they have tossed two points away tonight.

"Instead of being in the dressing room victorious there's a feeling of a defeat, and rightly so. They have let everyone down - including me."

Worthington speaks

oops.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Sep. 12 2006,23:22)]"There was too much flicking, farting and fannying. I'm far from happy. We've thrown two points away.
one of the quotes of the season!

I like a manager that talks his mind!

3-1 and you f%&ked it up, 3-1 and you f%&ked it up!

The subs made a massive impact, but when they came on you could see that Norwich were happy to let us have the ball because they thought that they had won it. I can see exactly why Worthington is so upset.

It was quite funny really.

Plan A worked so effectively for Worhtingtonand you can understand why he thought we would carry on playing like that as we have not changed formation in God knows how long. However, as soona s we mixed it up, it was patently clear that there was no plan B. No-one looked as though they knew what they were doing and the amount of second balls we won was crazy.

Back to the drawing board for you Mr Worthington. That or tell you players not to score too many goals.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pickledseal @ Sep. 12 2006,23:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Sep. 12 2006,23:22)]"There was too much flicking, farting and fannying. I'm far from happy. We've thrown two points away.
one of the quotes of the season!
I thought he was in the changing room at half-time, not watching the Bluebelles.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 13 2006,00:04)]It was quite funny really.

Plan A worked so effectively for Worhtingtonand you can understand why he thought we would carry on playing like that as we have not changed formation in God knows how long.  However, as soona s we mixed it up, it was patently clear that there was no plan B.  No-one looked as though they knew what they were doing and the amount of second balls we won was crazy.

Back to the drawing board for you Mr Worthington.  That or tell you players not to score too many goals.
What impressed me about last night was that I believed WE never had a Plan B ourselves, but Tilly blew that theory out of the water didn't he!! Harrold now gives us that option with his aerial threat and that's gonna be a massive plus for us this season. Also Tilly going to a 4-3-3? Who would've thought it!!!

Good work!!

I wouldn't be too happy if we'd have blown a 3-1 lead in the last 25 minutes either! Just goes to show what happens sometimes if the winning team sits back on their lead!

Saw a Norwich fan walking out of the ground, he wasa gutted but said on our performance in the last 25 we deserved a point.

Back