• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Wot are you looking forward to this Summer?

For me, a few obvious things, others a bit more unique. In no particular order:

1. The World Cup, watching every key game (and most of the others) where poss with a beer in hand. Might be a bit challenging at times, for the USA game I am helping out at junior school camp at a sloping field miles from anywhere with no electricity but plans afoot to set up water slide to keep the kids amused whilst all the adults crowd round a portable TV run off a car battery by the camp fire.

2. Watching Moyet in Ipswich's Christchurch Park on a Sat eve in late July (as side-kick to Jools Holland). Can't wait for this one, a hopefully warm sunny evening, a beer or two (theme starting to develop here), and the SS Flag will be flying high to remind her of the Shrimpers amongst all those three-thumbed Tractor folk.

3. Thursday 17 June when the new fixtures are announced. Away day trips planned to Accrington, Stevenage, Bury, Rotherham (if don't go up), Shrewsbury (brand new), Chesterfield (brand new), Morecambe (if don't go up, brand new), Lincon, Burton, Macclesfield, Bradford and maybe York to bring me up to about 80 grounds.

4. A Summer trip to Southend to watch Ron digging the first sod at FF.

5. Watching Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel at Ipswich in June.

6. A racing night at Newmarket...........with Spandau Ballet too!

And a few other things too. I won't miss watching the frustrating defeats of a paper thin squad from the last ten months, well, maybe I will, but not yet.

Here's to a great Summer!

UTB

My summer is as followed!

Finish Uni in 4 weeks time
World Cup
Graduation Ball
Silverstone Grand Prix
Graduation day
Lads holiday to Ibiza
Then its time to start work :(

S.A 2010 enough said.

Oh and us signing 10 top class players, to make us odds on favourites for the title....

6. A racing night at Newmarket...........with Spandau Ballet too!

UTB

My wife and I are going to see them at Sandown in a couple of weeks; should be good fun.

I have a stag do in Valencia and then a wedding in San Sebastian/Donostia to look forward to as well. Two epic weekends there.

Spending my Saturdays walking the North York Moors and Yorkshire Dales.
A blazing hot summer would be very nice too.

At home, he's a tourist ...

I'm looking forward to a living legend of ShrimperZone coming down to the Cornish Riviera to indulge extensively in the spectator sport of 'chairobics' during the opening week of the World Cup. I am currently compiling a tour itinerary which includes compulsory attendance at some of the finest public houses 'out west' where we will watch the games. I am confident that our respective training regimes will help us to withstand the rigours of this tournament and prepare me for a trip of my own for the second week ... to meet up with some old footy mates in Aldeburgh where the Adnams awaits. All in all, I'm anticipating a bad month for Social Work. :clap:

Mine are as follows

1) Got a son due on WC final day
2) The World Cup
3) Launcing my business finally
4) BBQ and nice days down the seafront.
5) My old pal Benny Boy from works stag weekend in Germany.

It's winter for me, so I'm looking forward to a few months of not sweating my bollocks off every time I step outside the house and getting to sleep without the air conditioner going full blast. (sorry, that's not meant as a 'dipping my toes in the med' type comment - winter really is something to look forward to here for a break from the really high temperatures)

Otherwise I'm looking forward to -

- Staying up all night in the pub to watch World Cup matches, games kick off here at midnight, 2-30 am and 4-30am.
- Everton coming over for a pre-season match vs Brisbane in July.
- Watching my local Brisbane Premier League team play through the southern winter (year round football for me!). A ground a bit like Wakering Rovers, couple of hundred people, cheap stubbies of beer - a very pleasant way to spend a Saturday evening.

Back