• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guybrush13

Schoolboy
Whilst climbing the ladder is fantastic and of course the football is a lot better, but for next season only, would it be that bad staying in this division? I am coming purely a proximity point of view. With Stevenage looking certain for the drop from League 1 and Col Ewe being in the mix for the relegation spaces, these would be two relatively local away days after years of having to travel to many many Northern towns and cities. But not just from League 1, looking down, Luton are almost certs for promotion and Cambridge & Barnet fill the top two playoff spaces, next season could be great for watching Southend both home & away (and be home for the second half of the 5.30 kick off!). I feel with the squad and quality we have at the moment we would be one of the whipping boys in League 1, therefore I for one, wouldn't find it so bad not getting promoted this season.

Yes it would. We have to get out of this God-awful division, financially we really can't afford to miss out again.

I had enough of league two years ago, we need league one football and better away support to come to roots hall as it gets boring sometimes:stunned:

we will be in this division next year

I wish people wouldn't say this as if it is fact. No-one knows whether we'll still be here or have gone up yet, all you're working on is your own gut feeling.

I wish people wouldn't say this as if it is fact. No-one knows whether we'll still be here or have gone up yet, all you're working on is your own gut feeling.
With the way we are leaking points in the last eight games.....i am impressed with your optimism.... Personnely I think we will be lucky to get in the playoffs

and if we do, I don't fancy our chances one bit.

Yes it would and after watching today's game seems more likely. Apart from the odd moment we seem totally bereft of any idea how to create chances other than crosses!!! I got totally bored in first half - didn't seem to be going anywhere. Have watched the blues for over 35 years now and need a bit better quality as this has been by and large dross football opposition for too long now.

I'd rather travel anywhere than have to go to Luton!

Even if we did go up I cannot see Ron spending anything anyway ,it will just be a waste off time

It would be absolutely diabolical to have yet another season in this league. I must be honest, I don't see how a side which were capable of an auto place earlier have now gone so rapidly off the boil.

If we were to get promoted this season (I don't think we will) I could only see us struggling to stay in L1 we haven't got a ****ing pot to **** in!

Promotion would be very nice thank you but for all that I think we have already achieved this season. We can all see the stall PB has laid out and much of it I am sold on. He wants a team that plays quality football and on their day our side do that. We have seen better opportunity for the young guns and contracts for them. We clamour for instant success but if it is to be sustained then sometimes firm foundations have to go down before the building starts.

Patience might be the order of the day and I think I will wait and see where we are in two seasons time with PB.

Why some people think we should get promotion as a divine right amazes me. All other teams are trying to achieve the same as us with bigger squads and we are still in the mix so looking forward not backwards

yep lets stay in league 2-

get Sturrock back to "save the club" -

and buy 500 deck chairs to create a new stadium at Fossets Farm....

perhaps we could become a feeder club for Dagenhan + Redbridge and get loan players from Canvey Island.

Sometimes the lack of ambition around this club is delightful...

Look on the bright side. At least we have enough points now to stay in League 2! :winking:

If it helps with deliberations, on yesterday's evidence you're not going to have the Ewes to play with next season; they're a decent side & won't go down.

Back