• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would League 2 be that bad?

Now im know we are not yet certain to go down and we are in a strong posistion to stay in League 1. But ask yourself, would League 2 at this moment in time be that bad for the club?

Like a lot of you, i am frustrated with the poor performances and the lack of transfers going through but i personally think League 2 would do the club good.

For example providing we keep most of the players we have right now and make sure that we keep tilly and brush, a season in League 2 to build the squad up and get the fans behind them again.

What i mean is, i put the lack of incoming players down to the way we are playing right now and the posistion we stand in the league. If we was to go down, we would be seen as the club in League 2 to beat. This would most certainly attrack players playing in league 2 and even the odd gem in the non-leagues (eastwood ect).

A year in League 2 winning games week in and week would build the team confidence up and would also get the negative fans back on the teams side.

I am still confident of staying up this season but i saying, ask yourelf would relegation really be that bad for the club right now?

Whats your thoughts?

Yes it would be a catastrophic step backwards IMHO.

Players like Christophe and Freedman probably joined on the expectation of playing in the Championship, not league 2. Uncle Ron would have to probably sack Tilson and put the stadium plans on hold AGAIN.

And "winning week in, week out" is a huge leap of faith when I reckon we'd lose the vast majority of our players.

And what if that ' 1 season' turned into 2 or more?. Cant imagine a lot of fans would be happy to pay out £20 plus to watch the likes of Morecombe and Accrington Stanley, after the calibre of clubs they have got used to watching in the last 3-4 years. Bearing in mind we have gained several thousand fans during this time.

Why stop there, we'd be an even bigger fish in the Conference.

Going into League 2 would be a disaster and we've had consecutive relegation years before so there's no guarantee we'll do any better in that league. We have to stay in this division and build with a view to going up next year. Relegation is not something anyone connected with the club should want.

Why stop there, we'd be an even bigger fish in the Conference.

Going into League 2 would be a disaster and we've had consecutive relegation years before so there's no guarantee we'll do any better in that league. We have to stay in this division and build with a view to going up next year. Relegation is not something anyone connected with the club should want.

Im not sayin i want relegation, i want the club to stay in L1 as much as you lot do.

It would be a disaster. Our wage bill is higher now then when we was in the Championship and I believe we are operating at a loss due to this, plus other things.

We wouldn't be able to pay Championship wages in League 2. Plus, how many of our squad would want to stay at a League Two side, even if we could grantee them we would win the League?

Not sure if you were supporting when we were in League 2.
But its cr*p in my opinion!

that a pop at me? im 19 and have been watching the blues since i can remember... you can hardly say im not a loyal fan believe me i want whats best for the club. I posted this thinking about MK Dons and P'Brough, teams like that.

TBS - honestly, you don't want to go there. I've seen too much hoofball in my time and really don't want any more!

Its dire at any time to be relegated but in times of recession I would say it would be a disaster. And as with a lot of teams who are relegated, the expectation to "bounce straight back up" would be very high. The reality tho is perhaps somewhat different.

We should be doing our utmost to keep ourselves in League 1....not hoping for the best in League 2....

that a pop at me? im 19 and have been watching the blues since i can remember... you can hardly say im not a loyal fan believe me i want whats best for the club. I posted this thinking about MK Dons and P'Brough, teams like that.

I don't think they were having a pop, just pointing out that we don't ever want to be in League 2 ever again.

MK Dons and Peterborough are vastly different to us - they've got money behind them, far more than anyone at that level, which is how they easily got out of it.

I don't think they were having a pop, just pointing out that we don't ever want to be in League 2 ever again.

MK Dons and Peterborough are vastly different to us - they've got money behind them, far more than anyone at that level, which is how they easily got out of it.

Yeah i suppose, just been a frustrating weekend which im sure it has been for you all aswell. I mean Yeovil lol can look back and laugh at it really now.

Back