• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Was Prosser good enough to start?

• Total voters

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
Now I know theres a lengthy thread on Prosser and I don't want this to turn into a thread bashing him but I'm curious as I'm seeing a lot of people sad to see him leave.

If everyone was fit, would he have made your starting 11?

Straight yes or no

2 different questions...

Was he good enough to start? Yes (probably)
If everyone was fit, would he make my starting 11? No, nowhere near it.

2 different questions...

Was he good enough to start? Yes (probably)
If everyone was fit, would he make my starting 11? No, nowhere near it.

Its not 2 different questions at all.

If he was good enough when everyone was fit he would have started :dim:

Starting XI for a pub darts team ............. yes - he is very good with the arrows especially after a few Malibus to control his nerves.

Hash tag: Timetoletitgo

Starting XI for a pub darts team ............. yes - he is very good with the arrows especially after a few Malibus to control his nerves.

Hash tag: Timetoletitgo

I think he's a solid number 16, using my FM12 numbering system....

1 GK
2 RB
3 LB
4 CM
5 CB
6 CB
7 AMR
8 CM
9 CB
10 CB
11 AML
12 GK Sub
14 RB
15 LB

you get the picture...

That was a very painful 'No' for me. I was/am very happy for him to start if he was needed, but not at the expense of other fit first team CB starters.

Had to say no but didn't want to! To be honest I don't think there is much between Thomp/Pross/Bar/Bol.

Had to say no but didn't want to! To be honest I don't think there is much between Thomp/Pross/Bar/Bol.

And if the worse scenarios recently posted happened it would be Thomo gone for a decent bid, Prosser already gone, Adam retired at the end of the season and Bolger struggling to handle strikers on his own.

No. I would have used him as cover for AB, or when resting AB. Thing is, the lad wants to play every week, which I don't blame him for.

Correct. You've somehow managed to make enough of a mess of a simple task so as to ask three different questions.

1. Was Prosser good enough to start?
2. Would Prosser have made your first XI?
3. If everyone was fit, would he have made your starting 11?

I've answered the first one, which I think is probably the best of the three questions (although all three ignore the fact that teams are allowed to use substitutes) as it seems to recognise that more than 11 players will play through the course of a season.

Barrett and Thompson are first choice for me, although IMHO Barrett should have been rested after the Col U game (along with one or two others), Prosser is/was the logical choice to step in.

It's been a good few years since I felt real disappointment in a player leaving, I am sad to see Luke go. But life and football moves on, Brown continues to make his mark on the team, the Club and it's fans.

If everyone was fit Prosser wouldn't even be in the squad. IMO, he is good for when there is a few injuries but pushing forward and aiming for the championship he isn't good enough.

If he was good enough when everyone was fit he would have started :dim:

You are asking two questions- The poll question is fine, the below is in response to the question in your post

will Coker and White jump straight back in when fit- after all if they was good enough when everyone was fit he would have started ?

Barnet/Hunt/Payne- Which one wont start- does that mean they are not good enough . there will be other examples etc

Prosser kept Barrett out pf the team when Barret was fit- fact not opinion - does that mean Barrett was not good enough?

Good old ShrimperZone. This thread started off as a straight yes or now interlude, even if anyone didn't like the options. It now looks like we are approaching a rebirth of the goodbye Prosser stuff. I think it's all Brown's fault for the way he handled it (not really, only joking).

Good old ShrimperZone. This thread started off as a straight yes or now interlude, even if anyone didn't like the options. It now looks like we are approaching a rebirth of the goodbye Prosser stuff. I think it's all Brown's fault for the way he handled it (not really, only joking).

do the below both mean the same thing to you? nothing wrong in pointing out when something is not clear
[h=2]Was Prosser good enough to start?- poll[/h][h=2]Would Prosser have made your first XI?- post on poll[/h]

Brings in the question (for me at least) that follows .........

"What is a squad player?"

The phrase "squad player" seems to be used in connection with Prosser quite often, you see.

But I don't understand the phrase ......... if a player is in the squad he should be good enough to start in the first XI (and then hold his place based on performance). Otherwise, why is the player on the books and being paid?

Brings in the question (for me at least) that follows .........

"What is a squad player?"

The phrase "squad player" seems to be used in connection with Prosser quite often, you see.

But I don't understand the phrase ......... if a player is in the squad he should be good enough to start in the first XI (and then hold his place based on performance). Otherwise, why is the player on the books and being paid?

Will Atkinson.

Back