• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
Some reasons why we might do better to finish 6th

A - the atmosphere at packed Roots Hall is usually at its best on a Friday ( probable date ) night . This might be the most lucrative option too

B - We would get extra recovery time before the second leg . Our small squad has been performing flat out over the last few months.

C - this could produce an opportunity for Leeds and Carlisle ( who'd be favourites to finish 4th ) to kick lumps out of each other (with us facing Donny or Forest)

D - We'd probably take a bigger away following to Doncaster or Forest
and getting to either of those places ( or for that matter Carlisle ) should be less hassle on a Thursday

E - Gillingham would be relegated

Nah, let's get a morale-boosting victory, take 5th, and let Leeds battle with whoever finishes third.

Plus, if we finish 6th I can't make the home leg....

tbh I'm not fussed were we finish.
there are no easy away trip's there all a long way.
I'm not bothered who we play either
The other teams in the play offs should be fearing us

Not even Swansea went on a 13 game unbeaten run.

5th, led Forest and Leeds smash the **** out of each other, with the winner expecting to turn up at Wembley and win!! At which stage we do em!

Nah, let's get a morale-boosting victory, take 5th, and let Leeds battle with whoever finishes third.

Plus, if we finish 6th I can't make the home leg....

I'm with Beefy. If we finish 6th then I can't go to the home leg on the friday. 5th place finish for me please!

I'm all for ending up in 5th.

The away leg is a Friday and with me getting away at about 3pm i'm willing to get a flight and hire a car should we get Carlisle for instance.

A Thurs away leg and i'm pretty stuffed as i need to be in Hackney for work Friday at about 0545 so i'll be facing about 3hrs sleep if it's Forest .

'Tilly,don't mess around with Port Fail,i say smash 'em.

If we finish 5th, we play the home leg on the 12th, which gives the players a good 9 day break. Also, finishing 5th means that I can go to the second leg on the Friday 16th, but if we finished 6th I wouldn't be able to go to a second leg on Thursday 15th.

- G

tbh I'm not fussed were we finish.
there are no easy away trip's there all a long way.
I'm not bothered who we play either
The other teams in the play offs should be fearing us

Not even Swansea went on a 13 game unbeaten run.

completely agree with all the above.

A - the atmosphere at packed Roots Hall is usually at its best on a Friday ( probable date ) night . This might be the most lucrative option too

B - We would get extra recovery time before the second leg . Our small squad has been performing flat out over the last few months.

C - this could produce an opportunity for Leeds and Carlisle ( who'd be favourites to finish 4th ) to kick lumps out of each other (with us facing Donny or Forest)

and getting to either of those places ( or for that matter Carlisle ) should be less hassle on a Thursday

F - Londonblue is more likely to be there.

F - Londonblue is more likely to be there.

I didn't know you cared!

I personally dont want either of the clubs that reckon themselves too good for this level......Forest and Nil Points Leeds.... so anything that gives us Donny or Carlisle who will both be gutted to be in the play offs is enough for me....

I personally dont want either of the clubs that reckon themselves too good for this level......Forest and Nil Points Leeds.... so anything that gives us Donny or Carlisle who will both be gutted to be in the play offs is enough for me....

Will definitely take whatever place gives us a game against Carlisle, they seem to be falling apart at the minute.

5th pls and Forest to finish 3rd.

I think having to play Leeds and Forest to win promotion is the hardest route to take.

Back