• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you be willing to do something to bring about a change of ownership?

Who would like to help to bring about a change of ownership if they could do?

• Yes - I think we should try to get the club owned by fans who can take it forward

Votes: 67 66.3%
  • No - I'm happy with the current upwards spiral or that we are safe with the current owners

Votes: 34 33.7%

• Total voters

ElstreeBlue

Coach
Simple question really. Who is happy with the way the club is being run or who would like to try to do anything they can to bring about a change of ownership?

Many people will know I've been advocating for a change of ownership at the top for several months. Whether that's the consortium or some other group. The trouble has been, as the consortium has found out that unless Ron Martin wants to sell then there's not a lot we can do. So what can we do?

Some fans are talking about protests to encourage him to sell.

There may be another way too.

I'm currently discussing the plan with a couple of other supporters. I'll post it on the Zone when we've formulated it.

It may be a long shot, but that may be all we have. I don't want to sit by after it was too late and wonder whether there was anything I could have done to save the club. I assume many of you feel like that too? Maybe you feel helpless? But maybe there could be something we could do?

It would involve a very co-ordinated plan involving Sainsbury's and the wider media (such as national press and the football world). I've thought for a while that Ron will only sell if he wants to, but there may be a way of Sainsbury's forcing a sale. This is more than just "protesting" to Sainsbury's. It would be based on their legal agreements with Ron. I'll explain and post more when (a) the plan has been formulated a bit more and (b) I see if there's enough support.

So who would be up for doing something lawful - anything if it means that you've tried to do your bit to try and save the club and bring about a change of ownership to fans? Please vote now.

Is there a way in which you can see which users have voted for? If the plan is to come to fruition, it will need co-ordinated action on a large scale. Mods, please help. Thanks.

I've stuck your thread as requested to see if you get more responses.
However, having taken this decision if any of the owners disagree considering how SZ is trying to at the very least still engage in meaningful conversation with the current incumbent regime then this might change...

You can only show who has posted when you create the Poll, we cannot change that.

The only help we can give you is suggest you do a new thread and poll and we delete this one.....

What a pointless poll. Unless we know what it is we are voting for how can anyone sensibly vote? On the face of it it sounds great - owned by fans who can take it forward - but in reality this is still just the "consortium" **** stirring again, refusing to explain any more than Ron does about what they planb to do and how they plan to do it. Why don't you just come clean, Elstree, and explain exactly what your (very close) relationship to the Consortium is, and exactly what their plans are?

What a pointless poll. Unless we know what it is we are voting for how can anyone sensibly vote? On the face of it it sounds great - owned by fans who can take it forward - but in reality this is still just the "consortium" **** stirring again, refusing to explain any more than Ron does about what they planb to do and how they plan to do it. Why don't you just come clean, Elstree, and explain exactly what your (very close) relationship to the Consortium is, and exactly what their plans are?

Yes, we cant really vote or tell you anything, that we dont know we voting on, okay so your plan is a long way off, but let a little out ;)

Someone is actually putting together a plan of action. Now this in my opinion is as important if not more important than a protest.
Well done Elstree I look forward to seeing your plans!
Martin out, Fans In, Martin Out, Consortium?

Well done Elstree - I'm in.

The first stage surely is to understand what the financial state of the club actually is - it's no good saying the fans will take over if there's nothing left. A potential purchaser needs to do some due diligence on the exact financial and contractual situation - the issue here is that this can only be done with the clubs co-operation. How do you get round this?

Well done Elstree - I'm in.

The first stage surely is to understand what the financial state of the club actually is - it's no good saying the fans will take over if there's nothing left. A potential purchaser needs to do some due diligence on the exact financial and contractual situation - the issue here is that this can only be done with the clubs co-operation. How do you get round this?

I would assume it would be possible if we went into Administration this year. Then the buyer/buyers would be given a full low down.
We wait to see what is in Monday's echo and then I say we work from there. It is great to see that a fair amount of people would want to start this.

I think if people really put their mind to it, it could work, the only stumbling block that I can see is Ron refusing to sell/go.

Who is going to buy SUFC when the only asset the club has/had are players. TefRon won't want to sell his money machine that is RH & FF. We are totally shafted unless somebody offers him multi multi millions & who in their right mind would do that!

Who is going to buy SUFC when the only asset the club has/had are players. TefRon won't want to sell his money machine that is RH & FF. We are totally shafted unless somebody offers him multi multi millions & who in their right mind would do that!

But surely if Martin cant provide the necessary funds to get us through next season (and beyond), then we will have to go into administration which will lose him overall control?.

Though surely if Ron is made bankrupt he would have no choice but to sell his assets to satisfy his creditors....... and relinquish his Directorships. Now, whilst most of the debt is with his companies, Im sure he has some Personal Guarantees in place.....oh wait, doesnt he have one in place with the Trust loan? Therefore if the loan has not been repaid in accordance with the terms, can't the Trust serve a Stat Demand on him, allowing them to petition for his bankruptcy?

What would happen in the vacuum left behind I don't know.......

big mistake lending that bloke a fiver let alone 60k. he hasn't got a pot to **** in

Oh I agree, though if making Ron bankrupt would help (I have no idea if it would or not) then theoretically the Trust could now have the opportunity to do that?

Interesting reading this thread....Ron turned out to keep himself and the club above the water. Fair play to him for that...

Back