• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sean 2

Director
Matt Harrold getting a standing ovation at Roots Hall was something i never thought i'd witness and after getting sent off too!!
If this lad is prepared to put that much effort into a game and combined with that level of skill maybe we ought to be using him a bit better than we do.
People criticise Maher saying he passes sideways too often but there's no denying the wingers see plenty of the ball.
Now here's the crux of this thread,wingers.
For all the huff and puff yesterday what exactly did they create for the strikers?
Did they get round the back of Yeovil and whip crosses in for Harrold?
Did Francis have the beating of the full-back or Gower for that matter?

Frankly,our wing play has been rubbish for too long and it's no wonder someone like Harrold never gets on the end of anything,because nothing comes into the box all too often for him to attack.

We play great possesion football but it goes side to side too much.
It's so important for Macca or Bailey to push on when we play like this because that's the only way we stretch defenders.

Tilson has it bang on with bringing in Scannel,a tricky winger that likes to beat his man is just what we need.
Strikers,yeah great but so inneffective without the right service.

We also need a centre-back desperately that can read the game better than what we have.When the ball gets played into the box,Clarkey ball watches terribly and Barrett is no better.This is a massive issue that needs to be addressed,the last time they kept a clean sheet i believe Richards was playing and that was a while ago for sure.

We also need a centre-back desperately that can read the game better than what we have.When the ball gets played into the box,Clarkey ball watches terribly and Barrett is no better.This is a massive issue that needs to be addressed,the last time they kept a clean sheet i believe Richards was playing and that was a while ago for sure.

I agree and disagree here. Clarke nearly gave me a heartattck 3 times yesterday. He's unpredictable and he makes to many mistakes. Barrett isn't perfect, but he's not nearly as frightening as Clarke. Sir Adam of Barrett was immense yesterday, he's tidier than Clarke, he's more composed, make less mistakes. If I was gonna drop one of them for a taller CB, or a new CB if we get one, it'd be Clarke.

I agree and disagree here. Clarke nearly gave me a heartattck 3 times yesterday. He's unpredictable and he makes to many mistakes. Barrett isn't perfect, but he's not nearly as frightening as Clarke. Sir Adam of Barrett was immense yesterday, he's tidier than Clarke, he's more composed, make less mistakes. If I was gonna drop one of them for a taller CB, or a new CB if we get one, it'd be Clarke.

Fine,all i'm saying is pay attention to what happens when the opposition have got the ball and are coming towards our box,ther's little organisation or picking up of players,minimal talk and they both look uncertain and lose their markers.
It's what happens when they haven't got the ball at their feet is what i found so concerning because it's those factors i've mentioned that prevent goals that determine the game.
Yeovil had bugger all possession and still managed a goal through bad marking and disorganisation when the ball comes into the box.

I think Clarke is immense!! Him and Barrett make a great partnership. I reckon Francis should be put RB instead of Hunt.

As for the wingers, Scannell is a good buy, will provide the pace and trickery that JCR had. I believe all our wingers are right footed..? Gowers crossing was poor vs yeovil, and i reckon its because he is playing on the left. I know there isn't really anyone else who can play on the left but maybe give foran his place back?

We cant keep buying wingers as we need the strike force but i think its time we need a sweet left foot to feed our strikers.

I think Clarke is immense!! Him and Barrett make a great partnership. I reckon Francis should be put RB instead of Hunt.

As for the wingers, Scannell is a good buy, will provide the pace and trickery that JCR had. I believe all our wingers are right footed..? Gowers crossing was poor vs yeovil, and i reckon its because he is playing on the left. I know there isn't really anyone else who can play on the left but maybe give foran his place back?

We cant keep buying wingers as we need the strike force but i think its time we need a sweet left foot to feed our strikers.

Hunt is absolute quality, and I shudder at the negative attitude so many on here have towards him. Francis at right back is a nightmare waiting to creep up on you and scare the living $hite out of you whilst asleep. A sleep you may never, ever awake from. Mwahahahahahahaha

Hunt has played well with Francis in front of him, amazing how much better he looks when he doesnt have to mark a full back and a winger.

As to the original point about wingers we actually got into decent positions a lot in the first half but the quality of the crosses from both sides was poor and we never really had anyone attacking the near post.

Better quality crosses and strikers who are better at attacking them and we might actually score one or two.

hunt looks better now that flahavan is back in goal, he just looks more confident
Have to disagree. The team didn't look any better against Yeovil, Hunts done well all year. A poor goal was conceded at Yeovil, albeit nothing to do with Hunt, and Yeovil were a poor poor side attacking wise.

Can't see any improvement in Hunt in the game I've seen him in with Flavs behind him, and although I didn't go to the Daggers game conceding 2 against them he can't have put in an extraordinary game.

Hunt was my man of the match against Daggers. He put in a fantastic performance at both ends, although if that was down to having one other player in the side I'd put it down to Francis much more than Flavs.

Back