• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you delay renewing next season?

Are you delaying renewal of your season card for the 2023/2024 season?

• Total voters

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
It's getting towards that time again where the club come cap in hand and try to convince us all is great, the future is bright "be part of it" and that saying goodbye to a significant amount of your hard earned money via a bank transfer or cash, with (potentially) no credit card/payment plan option again, is completely normal...despite us being the only club anywhere that handles renewals in this fashion.

So following on from discussion & requests on this thread HERE, this is a poll for CURRENT season card holders.

Q.
Would you be willing to DELAY renewal of your season card for the 2023/2024 season, until at least Ron Martin engages with the Trust/Supporters Groups and answers critical questions put to him relating to?:
  1. General finances & Working capital.
  2. Forward planning.
  3. Transfer embargo.
  4. Payments to staff/players/suppliers etc.
  5. Ron's exit strategy.
  6. Fossetts Farm build schedule, benefits, ownership.

How are you voting?

Is this a good demonstration of "Fan power" ?

Will it further hurt the club?

Is it pointless?

Has it now got to the stage that drastic action from fans is required, beyond protests?

Following on from discussion & requests on this thread HERE, this is a poll for CURRENT season card holders.

Would you be willing to refrain from renewing your season card for the 2023/2024 season, until Ron Martin engages with the Trust/Supporters Groups and answers critical questions put to him relating to:
  2. Forward planning.
  3. Transfer embargo.
  5. Ron's exit strategy.
  6. Fossetts Farm build schedule, benefits, ownership

It worked at Blackpool and their Trust spearheaded the boycotts and their Trust chair was the main spokesperson for the boycotts as per the article below.

They now have an owner they love, averaging crowds of over 12,000 in the Championship .

It's a tough decision but I'm very much considering not renewing next season. It depends how many others would boycott too.

I feel conned this season - a good squad, great management and all chances have been squashed by one guy.

I dont know what bull**** Ron is going sell us with. 'be part of it' and 'the bigger the support' isn't cutting it any more.

Wouldn’t be happy handing cash over to club at the moment we don’t know yet what’s happening next season with chairman Ron still around ,but would pay using card

It's getting towards that time again where the club come cap in hand and try to convince us all is great, the future is bright "be part of it" and that saying goodbye to a significant amount of your hard earned money via a bank transfer or cash, with (potentially) no credit card/payment plan option again, is completely normal...despite us being the only club anywhere that handles renewals in this fashion.

So following on from discussion & requests on this thread HERE, this is a poll for CURRENT season card holders.

Q.
Would you be willing to REFRAIN from renewing your season card for the 2023/2024 season, until Ron Martin engages with the Trust/Supporters Groups and answers critical questions put to him relating to?:
  2. Forward planning.
  3. Transfer embargo.
  5. Ron's exit strategy.
  6. Fossetts Farm build schedule, benefits, ownership.

How are you voting?

Is this a good demonstration of "Fan power" ?

Will it further hurt the club?

Is it pointless?

Has it now got to the stage that drastic action from fans is required, beyond protests?
Sadly, I'm not at all sure we would get answers to all those questions and, even if we did, doubtful anything involving a time schedule would be stuck to.

Like many others I have been going to Roots Hall since I was very young and in my case that is sixty years and have had a season ticket since able to pay so approximately forty five years.

I would find the decision not to renew a very very difficult one to take although if able to renew on a credit card with the protection that offers I would not hesitate.

I don't think they're suggesting not attending - just not renewing season ticket, at least at the first opportunity
Correct. This is not suggesting a boycott. More a case of would you hold off on parting with your money upfront, until key questions and concerns from the fanbase are fully addressed.

I dont get a season card any more due to location, but i have voted that people should absolutely hold off until the club produce some clarity on whats going on.

Its tough times for individuals right now and imagine the final straw for this club being fans stumping up for season cards and the club folds and goes away with that cash :(

I’ve always been prepared to renew my season ticket early in the hope that it helps get the club through a difficult time. The last few times I’ve paid cash after the credit company withheld card payments. But I won’t this year until Ron has the courtesy to give us some answers as listed above. Not some meaningless statement that says nothing but a face to face conversation with the supporters’ groups. I may not like some of what he’d say but at least I’d be able to decide what to do without being kept in the dark. This season has been by far the worst of Ron’s time at the helm, worse than the season we dropped out of the football league. Players, management and staff have all been given false promises … and fans have been faced with a stony silence. He may not think we have any rights but we are all effectively investors in the club and deserve some respect.

I don't think they're suggesting not attending - just not renewing season ticket, at least at the first opportunity

I'm not suggesting anything either. I just made a post on the internet.

Correct. This is not suggesting a boycott. More a case of would you hold off on parting with your money upfront, until key questions and concerns from the fanbase are fully addressed.

You & I know he won’t do that.

If he does provide answers, they could all be broken during the season, whether on purpose or some other reason, or something beyond his control.

Let’s say he doesn’t provide any answers, even in the build up to the first game of the season. Do you then still buy your season ticket anyways? Do you buy them every match, and therefore it costs more in the long run? Or does it then become a boycott?

Not looking to stir the pot at all, just genuinely interested.

As for me, I’m torn. I have a 3 year old, and I’d love to take him to a pre-season game, and get him a season ticket, however I have a second child due in August, and I don’t know how much the wife would enjoy me being out of the house on the games I can make, when I’m not at work.

I wasn’t going to buy one after my son was born, then Covid happened and I couldn’t. I’m genuinely torn, but not because of the off the field issues, RM or anything SUFC related, more my own personal situation.

You & I know he won’t do that.

If he does provide answers, they could all be broken during the season, whether on purpose or some other reason.

Let’s say he doesn’t provide any others, even in the build up to the first game of the season. Do you then still buy your season ticket anyways? Do you buy them every match, and therefore it costs more in the long run? Or does it then become a boycott?

Not looking to stir the pot at all, just genuinely interested.

As for me, I’m torn. I have a 3 year old, and I’d love to take him to a pre-season game, and get him a season ticket, however I have a second child due in August, and I don’t know how much the wife would enjoy me being out of the house on the games I can make, when I’m not at work.

I wasn’t going to buy one after my son was born, then Covid happened and I couldn’t. I’m genuinely torn, but not because of the off the field issues, RM or anything SUFC related, more my own personal situation.
I think you are probably right.

But, I do think the supporters groups should now start playing hard ball and suggest that this course of action is "on the table" should important questions not be answered.

The silence and lack of respect offered to the fans, is not acceptable.

Anyhow, this is a post on the back of a request on the other thread and not necessarily my thoughts.

Personally I'm very close to a total boycott, let alone simply refraining from renewing. So to answer the question, I'm definitely behind holding our cash as fans until the weasel comes out to face the noise.

At the moment, the only thing that will see me in my seat next season is RM selling a partial stake in SUFC. This is in addition to getting rightful answers to the questions @Smiffy poses in his original post.

Anything less than this is a continuation of the status quo IMO and won't be getting my money.

Time for us fans to set some standards. Otherwise we'll keep getting shafted.

After nearly 55 years, including about the last 30 as a season ticket holder, of watching our team I've already decided not to renew. Holding out for Ron to provide assurances feels a bit pointless, I no longer believe anything he says.
I really doubt we will make it to the end of next season. Seeing Ron make off with my hard earned cash would add another level of misery on top of losing my club

Personally won’t be renewing next season and gonna go to more away games instead. Short term pain for long term gain is what I’m telling myself. Not that my £300 will make much difference. Although if 1,000 of us did the same maybe he’d take not. I don’t know

Back